Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 80 of 87 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast

SqueezeCtl secured by Automagic

Hi all,

I have managed to have SqueezeCtl be in my notification area no matter what, when and only when I'm connected to the WiFi network my SqueezeServer is on.

Having used Tasker for many years, I nowadays use Automagic.

Currently I use three flows.

1. WiFi Network in
    • Trigger: WiFi Connected
    • Notification on Statusbar Displayed
      Package: com.angrygoat.android.squeezectrl
    • If false: Send Broadcast
      com.angrygoat.android.squeezectrl.REMOTE_CONNECT
      Explicit Component: Package com.angrygoat.android.squeezectrl

2. WiFi Network out
    • Trigger: WiFi Disconnected
    • Send Broadcast
      com.angrygoat.android.squeezectrl.REMOTE_CLOSE

3. Restore SqueezeCtl
    • Trigger: Notification on Statusbar Removed
      Package: com.angrygoat.android.squeezectrl
    • WiFi Connected?
    • If true: Send Broadcast
      com.angrygoat.android.squeezectrl.REMOTE_CONNECT

Simple and maybe can be made simpler, but it works for me.

Regards,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by DeeToot View Post
    I use Additional Browse Modes & Custom Browse which give some control over the ordering of the My Music menu list but Squeeze Control doesn't reproduce this correctly: the items are misordered and Library Views appears when it is deselected in LMS. (btw, OrangeSqz correctly reproduces the menu order but also incorrrectly shows Library Views).
    I tried the Custom Browse plugin and changed the sort order of the items and Squeeze Ctrl reproduced that order correctly in the Custom Browse menu. I'm not sure how you change the ordering of the My Music menu items though. Also, how did you disable a library view?
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

Quote Originally Posted by wt0 View Post
    ...I'm not sure how you change the ordering of the My Music menu items though. Also, how did you disable a library view?
    Thanks for looking at this.
    I can't change the order of the standard menu items but if I create Additional Browse Modes items they are added at the top in the order created. I can then add Custom Browse items and place them using Menu sort order (1-100) on the Manage Menus page in the Custom Browse settings (this setting requires some trial & error). I can then get them into a logical order but Squeeze Ctrl rearranges them (I just noticed that in the rearranged list the ABM items are now alphabetical?). It obviously isn't a big thing but I was just surprised that OrngSqz gets it right.
    Library Views is disabled by deselecting it on the Additional Browse Modes list (I don't know what it does and can't find any documentation for it so would just prefer to remove it).
    Thanks again, D.
    Name:  MyMusic menu.JPG
Views: 181
Size:  39.0 KB

I can't change the order of the standard menu items but if I create Additional Browse Modes items they are added at the top in the order created. I can then add Custom Browse items and place them using Menu sort order (1-100) on the Manage Menus page in the Custom Browse settings (this setting requires some trial & error). I can then get them into a logical order but Squeeze Ctrl rearranges them (I just noticed that in the rearranged list the ABM items are now alphabetical?). It obviously isn't a big thing but I was just surprised that OrngSqz gets it right.
    Library Views is disabled by deselecting it on the Additional Browse Modes list (I don't know what it does and can't find any documentation for it so would just prefer to remove it).
    Thanks again, D.
    Library views allows you to create virtual libraries that only contain tracks that meet certain criteria. You can create a library view by doing an Advanced Search from the browser interface.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

Library views allows you to create virtual libraries that only contain tracks that meet certain criteria. You can create a library view by doing an Advanced Search from the browser interface.
    Ahah! Cool, thanks.

Ahah! Cool, thanks.
    I think the problem of Library Views not hiding is a bug in the plugin since all the other items hide correctly.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    --------------

Thanks again, D.
    How are you getting Custom Browse items into the My Music menu? All I get is one Custom Browse item which contains the items added using Manage Menus.

What version of LMS are you using?
    --------------

How are you getting Custom Browse items into the My Music menu? All I get is one Custom Browse item which contains the items added using Manage Menus.
    What version of LMS are you using?
    From Custom Browse settings>Settings Section: Enabled menus>Show in browse and home menu tickbox
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2

This morning I restarted pCP + SqueezeCtrl and see:

Name:  MM3s.JPG
Views: 176
Size:  25.3 KB

So the ordering seems somewhat random. Thanks, D.

From Custom Browse settings>Settings Section: Enabled menus>Show in browse and home menu tickbox
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2

This morning I restarted pCP + SqueezeCtrl and see:

Name:  MM3s.JPG
Views: 176
Size:  25.3 KB

So the ordering seems somewhat random. Thanks, D.
    Ok so I think to know what the problem is. The menu sort value (which is actually called weight behind the scenes) is normally sent as an integer value and that's what Squeeze Ctrl expects. For some reason, sometimes the Custom Browse plugin send the value as text. (In programming there's a difference between the number 25 and the text "25") So the app basically just ignores it.

I'll account for this in the next update.
    --------------

Background images for players

Hi,

I love SqueezeCtrl, great app!

I would like to attribute different images to my three Squeezelite-Players (living, study, kitchen). So I cropped images according to the resolution of my smartphone 2280x1080px and uploaded them via SqueezeCtrl - Player Manager. However, I see only a litte section, sometimes the images are rotated too, everything seems kind of random...

What I am doing wrong? What is the correct resolution for the background images?

Thanks for any help.