Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 387886878889 LastLast
    I also have a bug to report. I use the latest version of android 10 with the new gesture system on a Pixel 2 XL.
    The issue is this. Normally you can swipe lef/right to go to: home menu, now playing, playlist. When I do this: Start the app. Select my music. Then use the android back gesture from the right side of the screen to go back one screen. Then select my music again. Now the screen will 'jump' to now playing.
    There are more ways to trigger, but this is the easy way.

Can someone reproduce?
    Last edited by CypherMK; 2020-04-12 at 11:15.

I have found a small (but annoying) bug. I use the app on an Nvidia Shield and I can happily report the TV remote allows me to navigate around the app with selections highlighted. In the Favourites section however there is no highlight although I can still use the remote relying on guesswork and intuition. Looks like the highlights got missed from this section.

Also is there an option that will close or mute SB Player when I start viewing a video, rather than having to pause manually? When I tried SqueezePlayer it closed down when another app took control.

Thanks. Great apps by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Heuer View Post
    I have found a small (but annoying) bug. I use the app on an Nvidia Shield and I can happily report the TV remote allows me to navigate around the app with selections highlighted. In the Favourites section however there is no highlight although I can still use the remote relying on guesswork and intuition. Looks like the highlights got missed from this section.

Also is there an option that will close or mute SB Player when I start viewing a video, rather than having to pause manually? When I tried SqueezePlayer it closed down when another app took control.

Thanks. Great apps by the way!
    Can't really call it a bug when Squeeze Ctrl was never designed to run on Android TV and has never been certified to run on Android TV. In fact it shouldn't be available for download on that platform.

SB Player should automatically pause when another app starts playing audio.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    --------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

Quote Originally Posted by CypherMK View Post
    Hello everybody. Hope y'all doing well.

I have a suggestion. I was trying the trackstat plugin. And I chose to rate my songs from 1 to 10 instead of 1 to 5.
    When I enable rating on the now playing screen in Squeeze Control, it only let's me select 1 to 5. Would it be possible to have them both?
    I also have a bug to report. I use the latest version of android 10 with the new gesture system on a Pixel 2 XL.
    The issue is this. Normally you can swipe lef/right to go to: home menu, now playing, playlist. When I do this: Start the app. Select my music. Then use the android back gesture from the right side of the screen to go back one screen. Then select my music again. Now the screen will 'jump' to now playing.
    There are more ways to trigger, but this is the easy way.

Can someone reproduce?
    @wt0
    I see you have a pixel 3. Don't you have the same issue with the new gestures on android 10?
    Any comment on the ratings? Would be great if it could be implemented.

@wt0
    I see you have a pixel 3. Don't you have the same issue with the new gestures on android 10?
    Any comment on the ratings? Would be great if it could be implemented.
    I don't use the new gesture controls, I prefer previous version that the pixel 3 came with.

Squeeze Ctrl haven't been made to work with the new gesture system. Basically, apps have the option to request the system gestures be limited to just the bottom third of the screen. I'll add that when I get around to it.

The rating stars actually an image or more specifically 6 images, one for each possible state. There's just not enough demand for me to change it to support an arbitrary number of stars.

--------------
    Squeezebox apps for webOS, Android and Windows Phone, http://www.angrygoatapps.com

Thanks for the reply. I'll hope you can fix the issue with gestures.

About the rating system. If you look at this solution from CDrummond:

https://github.com/CDrummond/lms-material

He also uses 5 stars, but it is also possible to click a half star. Maybe that would be easier to implement in your app?

Quote Originally Posted by wt0 View Post
    Can't really call it a bug when Squeeze Ctrl was never designed to run on Android TV and has never been certified to run on Android TV. In fact it shouldn't be available for download on that platform.

SB Player should automatically pause when another app starts playing audio.
    Thanks - yes SP Player does stop when other audio starts. Have you considered getting SqueezeCtrl certified for Android TV and boxes? I am sure many people would like to use SB on their TV's and be able to control it with their remotes. It is mostly there bar a couple of things (missing highlights and higher contrast highlights for a 10 foot interface). Using a TV remote is easier than using a mobile. At the moment I am using Emby Media Server to play both video and music but it is nowhere near as good as SB for the latter.

First of all. Great app which I use to control LMS through Android.

With this new LMS 8 and the feature "online music library integration" there is an option to put the streaming service logo on top of album artwork. I would love if this feature will also become available in this app.
    Note: All other new LMS features are working very well in this app.
    Living Room: piCorePlayer 5.0.0 on rPi 3B+ & Allo DigiOne & 1TB USB (LMS 8.0.0 & Squeezelite) & Keces DC-116, Mutec MC-3+ Smart Clock, Rega DAC R, Rotel RB-1070, Rotel RC-1070 or Fezz Titania Signature, Klipsch Forte III
    Bedroom: Boom / Workspace: Boom / Kitchen: Radio

Quote Originally Posted by wt0 View Post
    The rating stars actually an image or more specifically 6 images, one for each possible state. There's just not enough demand for me to change it to support an arbitrary number of stars.
    I'm also someone who uses the 1-10 rating scale and would appreciate being able to use Squeeze Control to use the full range when rating songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Heuer View Post
    Thanks - yes SP Player does stop when other audio starts. Have you considered getting SqueezeCtrl certified for Android TV and boxes? I am sure many people would like to use SB on their TV's and be able to control it with their remotes. It is mostly there bar a couple of things (missing highlights and higher contrast highlights for a 10 foot interface). Using a TV remote is easier than using a mobile. At the moment I am using Emby Media Server to play both video and music but it is nowhere near as good as SB for the latter.
    It's actually quite a.bit more work than you think to get the UI fully usable in Android TV. Yes the main interface uses mostly standard Android controls, but there's a lot of custom controls in other parts of the app that are not controller friendly. Also to be Android TV certified every part of the UI has to work with a controller even parts that you don't specifically need to use. Every pop up, every menu has to work.

This is all without considering tablet mode, which has so much custom stuff, it's just never going to work.

--------------