Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

transporter and spdif

Thanks in advance for your help. I currently own two classics, two radios and a transporter. Trying to connect my EVGA x58 mobo to my transporter digital in, then to integrated amp, then to speakers. I have tried both optical and RCA. I am pushing play on the transporter digital in menu for both the optical or RCA. I have tried this connected to slimserver/squeezecenter and not connected to slimserver/squeezeserver. I have futzed with the realtek audio manager to no avail. i have unplugged my headphones from the motherboard headers. i have rebooted. i have restarted the transporter. i have changed the digital sampling rates. I can NOT get any sound no matter what I try. any ideas? Would love to get this working.

Check that when the Transporter's volume set to 100% when using the digital inputs. Also that the Digital Inputs plug-in is enabled on LMS.

On optical S/PDIF you should see a red light in the plug if the laser is being fed from the mobo.

Excellent thoughts. volume to 100%. digital inputs on. laser on. Still no go.

Quote Originally Posted by sdwmd View Post
    Excellent thoughts. volume to 100%. digital inputs on. laser on. Still no go.
    My thoughts too. What do you mean "laser on"? I connect S/PDIF coax out of a windows laptop into the digital in of the Transporter. When I select digital inputs on transporter, I can play whatever is playing on the laptop though my transporter's DAC to the preamp/amp/speakers.

Silly question and I'm not familiar with your MOBO, but the MOBO has a sound card and is producing sound correct? It has to be producing something on its own for it to then pass though the digital inputs of the transporter. Like I said, silly question and probably not the issue.
    Home: VBA2.5 4TB or rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet except Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

To separate the problem try the transporters digital input with another source a CD player or anything with a known working PCM output .

Make sure that output really is 2ch PCM audio not ac3 or anything ,if you for example tries to play a movie .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

works with digital rca out from dvd player

Quote Originally Posted by sdwmd View Post
    works with digital rca out from dvd player
    Ok then your transporter is working as it should .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

aha! reinstalled realtek audio drivers and now working smashingly. thanks for all the input