Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Change stored Names of Favorites - where to find preference file of LMS 7.7 on my PC

Hi, probably a simple question:

I am running Logitech Media Server Versie: 7.7.2.
    I want to modify some of the names of my stored Favorites.
    I know this is stored somewhere on my PC (as part of the LMS software) but cannot find this preference file were all the Favorites are stored.

- Can somebdy explain me where to find this (LMS) preference file on my PC
    - Can I change there the Favorite Names related to the different station urls?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_S View Post
    Hi, probably a simple question:

I am running Logitech Media Server Versie: 7.7.2.
    I want to modify some of the names of my stored Favorites.
    I know this is stored somewhere on my PC (as part of the LMS software) but cannot find this preference file were all the Favorites are stored.

- Can somebdy explain me where to find this (LMS) preference file on my PC
    - Can I change there the Favorite Names related to the different station urls?

Thanks!
    Not sure about the prefs file, but the names can be changed in the left pane of LMS webUI.
    Just click on the pencil icon beside the favourite you wish to change, make the changes and save.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.1/pi screen/AlloBoss DAC HAT/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Not sure about the prefs file, but the names can be changed in the left pane of LMS webUI.
    Just click on the pencil icon beside the favourite you wish to change, make the changes and save.
    OK, many thanks!
    And do you also know how to import (or copy) easily my stored Favorites as stored in my mysqueezebox.com account to the local running (on my PC) Media Server?

OK, many thanks!
    And do you also know how to import (or copy) easily my stored Favorites as stored in my mysqueezebox.com account to the local running (on my PC) Media Server?
    Your favourites on mysqueezebox.com are already on LMS no need to import them.
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.1 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Your favorites on mysqueezebox.com are already on LMS no need to import them.
    Thanks, I understand.

But I want to make sure that if I have no connection to the mysqueezebox.com server, I also have all my Favorites stored on my local LMS.

Or:

At the moment I have quite some favorites stored on mysqueezebox.com and want now to transfer/copy those into my local LMS (favorites preference file).

How can we do that?

Thanks, I understand.

But I want to make sure that if I have no connection to the mysqueezebox.com server, I also have all my Favorites stored on my local LMS.

Or:

At the moment I have quite some favorites stored on mysqueezebox.com and want now to transfer/copy those into my local LMS (favorites preference file).

How can we do that?
    On a player, highlight the favourite and use the + button to get the pop-up which allows you to make that item a favourite (on LMS).

OK, great. Thanks!! I understand that you need to do 1 by 1 and cannot transfer (and store) all favorites in 1-GO from mysqueezebox.com to the local LMS.

OK, great. Thanks!! I understand that you need to do 1 by 1 and cannot transfer (and store) all favorites in 1-GO from mysqueezebox.com to the local LMS.
    I don't know if they can be transferred in one go, perhaps other (smarter) regulars can help with this?

Sign on to MySB.com and go to your favourites.
    There is an option to "Access your favorite streams as OPML", either click on this option and then save the result, or right-click if possible and save the resulting .opml file.

Go into LMS GUI and edit your current Favorites.
    There is an option to 'import', browse to your saved .opml file and click the import button.
    LMS Version: 7.9
    TranquilPC T2-WHS-A3 - WHS 2011
    2x Touch, 3x SB3

Quote Originally Posted by bonze View Post
    Sign on to MySB.com and go to your favourites.
    There is an option to "Access your favorite streams as OPML", either click on this option and then save the result, or right-click if possible and save the resulting .opml file.

Go into LMS GUI and edit your current Favorites.
    There is an option to 'import', browse to your saved .opml file and click the import button.
    Excellent! I will try this.