Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Skin or code setting?

I've setup Squeezeplay to control a squeezelite instance on a Windows 8.1 tablet (Dell Venue Pro 8).

Ive edited some of the skins and have it looking good in full screen but while what I have is usuable I have two questions.

Can the "long push" on items be change to a right click? Really just an idiosyncrasy of how right click works via touch device in Win 8 but you can get to the context menus as there is no way to do a long push of the primary mouse button (windows thinks its a right click). Otherwise is there a keyboard shortcut for it. In the Wiki I saw a few different ones (A va a, P vs. p) depending on context but I am not sure if thats applicable to the latest version of Squeezeplay (7.8...)

Leading to that, is there a way to reorder tracks on the now playing playlist (short of using play next to modify it). Even with a mouse it doesn't look like this is editable, whereas the web ui you can hold and drag and drop tracks to change their order.

SqueezepPlay and Environment Variables

Ralphy, I've made good use of the new squeezeplay ability to use environmental variables to select the desired Audio Device.
    I use this to switch between playing audio inside and outside the house.
    The inside audio amp is hooked up to the coax SPDIF output and outside is hooked up to the analogue audio out.

I tried to automate the switch today but even with a 10 second delay, squeezeplay doesn't seem to be picking up on the environment variable change. It will detect it if I close squeezeplay a second time and restart it.

Here's how I tried to automate the switch from inside audio to both inside and outside audio.
    I set up two cmd batch files with shortcuts on the desktop.

InsideAudio.bat
    REM Set Environment Variable so SqueezePlay uses the "Realtek HDA SPDIF Out"
    SETX USEPADEVICE "SPDIF Out (Realtek HDA SPDIF Out)"
    c:
    CD\Program Files (x86)\SqueezePlay
    Timeout 10
    Start squeezeplay.exe
    Note: This works great at first. The environmental variable changes (I leave USEPAHOSTAPI set to "Windows WDM-KS" because it doesn't need to change)
    OutsideAudio.Bat (Really enables the same stream inside and outside).
    REM Set Environment Variable so SqueezePlay uses the Virtual Cable
    SETX USEPADEVICE "Line Out (Virtual Cable 1)"
    REM Set up Audio Repeater to split the Virtual Cable output stream for both inside and outside
    start "Inside_Audio_Stream" "%programfiles%\Virtual Audio Cable\audiorepeater_ks.exe" /Input:"Virtual Cable 1" /Output:"Realtek HDA SPDIF Out" /BitsPerSample:32 /Autostart
    start "Outside_Audio_Stream" "%programfiles%\Virtual Audio Cable\audiorepeater_ks.exe" /Input:"Virtual Cable 1" /Output:"Realtek HD Audio Output" /BitsPerSample:32
    Timeout 10
    c:
    CD C:\Program Files (x86)\SqueezePlay
    Start squeezeplay.exe
    Again, This all works fine.

The problem happens when I change between the 2 modes using these scripts.
    For example. I use the insideaudio script then listen for awhile. Stop squeezeplay. Run the other script and even with the 10 second delay, it doesn't seem to apply the environment variable change. I can open the environment variables and see the change occurred. However, without doing anything else, if I exit squeezeplay then start it again, it plays fine through the desired audio device. The same thing happens if I then switch it to outside.

Any thoughts? I'm using 7.8.0 r417

Windows WDM-KS support was removed from r417.

I'm guessing the match is being made with the MME or Direct Sound device equivalent for both scripts unless you've replaced the portaudio.dll.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Hi. I've been using squeezeplay for ages on my laptop and desktop without any issues. Many thanks for all the work that has been put into this (Windows version).
    It now won't connect to my music server.

Things that appear to have changed recently:
    LMS (new version)
    ESET AV (new version) - I have tried disabling ESET completely but still no joy.

I have tried uninstalling and installing the latest squeezeplay version.

Any ideas?

edit: I decided it HAD to be ESET, so rather than "disabling" it, I added squeezeplay to the protocol filtering exclusion list. It now works again.
    Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by charlesr; 2014-12-15 at 03:01.

Quote Originally Posted by charlesr View Post
    Hi. I've been using squeezeplay for ages on my laptop and desktop without any issues. Many thanks for all the work that has been put into this (Windows version).
    It now won't connect to my music server.

Things that appear to have changed recently:
    LMS (new version)
    ESET AV (new version) - I have tried disabling ESET completely but still no joy.

I have tried uninstalling and installing the latest squeezeplay version.

Any ideas?

edit: I decided it HAD to be ESET, so rather than "disabling" it, I added squeezeplay to the protocol filtering exclusion list. It now works again.
    Keep up the good work!
    Thanks Charlesr, I've had this problem recently and would have thought to look at ESET as the culprit Made my day, as I was experiencing the dreaded 'couldn't connect to server' and other odd behavior

I am new to this forum and I think I read all the posts. I have a SB3 and as I understand its sample rate is 28. If I install ralphy's latest update I will be able to change my sample rate?? If this is true I will make my wife so happy and I can spend that money on something else as I was thinking of upgrading the 3. I still might do it just waiting for the fall out of the high rez stuff.

Quick Question.
    I need to uninstall Squeezeplay Win including all config then reinstall and do the full set up from scratch as I need to document the process. Where is the config - server details etc stored?
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Quick Question.
    I need to uninstall Squeezeplay Win including all config then reinstall and do the full set up from scratch as I need to document the process. Where is the config - server details etc stored?
    On Win 7/8, it's in Users/<user>/AppData/Roaming/Squeezeplay
    LMS Version: 7.9
    TranquilPC T2-WHS-A3 - WHS 2011
    2x Touch, 3x SB3

Thanks
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Jivelite for windows

Last edited by ralphy; 2015-01-17 at 05:34. Reason: Created new thread for jivelite windows release.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.