Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Just compiling the libfaad2.dll into squeezeplay won't magically add aac support. The supporting C/lua code needs to be written and added into squeezeplay as well.

You don't mention what version of LMS, if any, you are using.

The aac stream links work with squeezeplay when using LMS to transcode them to flac.

Have a look at Squeezelite-X as an alternative to squeezeplay for windows.

For MacOS you can install my Jivelite and Squeezelite packages if you want native aac support. You'll need to start squeezelite manually or setup launchd to have it start automatically.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Just compiling the libfaad2.dll into squeezeplay won't magically add aac support. The supporting C/lua code needs to be written and added into squeezeplay as well.
    Ok, so I guess I should read it like it takes a lot of work? Never mind I manage anyway. Just thought it would be neat with "everything in on place" so to speak.

As I sad, I don't know shit about programming so have no idea of the amount of work that goes into it. If I'd an idea of what to do I would give it a try. Things like "supporting C/lua code" is for a amateur "technical terms". Only thing I know is that "lua" is a programming language (from googling).

Thanks again for all your work.

Squeezeplay/Jivelite power on/off button to "light up"?

Does anyone have an idea if it somehow is possible to "tweak" Squeezeplay and Jivelite so that the power button is "illuminated" when the selected player is on?

I.e like in the standard web GUI where the power button goes from white to a greenish colour when power on a player.

Mostly running Squeezeplay and Jivelite on Windows and sometimes on OS X, but there is no difference of this function.

Screenshots in %appdata%\Squeezeplay\userpath

I noticed that whenever I take a screenshot of the SqueezePlay window, a copy is placed in %appdata%\Squeezeplay\userpath as a BMP file. Even though this is a nice feature, is there a way to turn if off?

Shutdown Squeezplay, delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\SqueezePlay\lua\applets\Screenshot folder and restart squeezeplay.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Thanks! I moved Screenshot to a new folder SqueezePlay\lua\applets.disabled. One never knows :-)

"BUMP" Anyone have an idea?

Quote Originally Posted by doggod View Post
    Does anyone have an idea if it somehow is possible to "tweak" Squeezeplay and Jivelite so that the power button is "illuminated" when the selected player is on?

I.e like in the standard web GUI where the power button goes from white to a greenish colour when power on a player.

Mostly running Squeezeplay and Jivelite on Windows and sometimes on OS X, but there is no difference of this function.
    "BUMP" Anyone have an idea?

Squeezeplay and Windows 10 and Connection Problem

Since I have reinstalled my new System with Windows 10 I could not get Squeezeplay to connect to my LMS on my Synology Diskstation. It seems that the connection is possible
    because I can see Squeezeplay in my Web Gui with Material Skin but within Squeezplay I could not use the menues to choose anything because it is always trying to connect but
    returns with the Error message that a connection is not possible. I have deleted Squeezeplay Userpath and tried all other workarounds as shown in this thread but now
    I do not know how to proceed because with my old Windows 7 System everything works fine. Have I forgotten sth I have to change when using Squeezeplay with Windows 10?

Squeezelite-X!

Quote Originally Posted by Tapaballou View Post
    Since I have reinstalled my new System with Windows 10 I could not get Squeezeplay to connect to my LMS on my Synology Diskstation. It seems that the connection is possible
    because I can see Squeezeplay in my Web Gui with Material Skin but within Squeezplay I could not use the menues to choose anything because it is always trying to connect but
    returns with the Error message that a connection is not possible. I have deleted Squeezeplay Userpath and tried all other workarounds as shown in this thread but now
    I do not know how to proceed because with my old Windows 7 System everything works fine. Have I forgotten sth I have to change when using Squeezeplay with Windows 10?
    I would definitely give Squeezelite-X a try if you haven't. My experience has been that recent versions of Squeezeplay have worked poorly on both my Windows 7 x64 and Linux (Mint) systems. Squeezelite-X works like a charm for me, and among other advantages doesn't even require a browser to be open (it has/is its own browser). Also it seems to have reduced the annoying lag between the PC and the network to almost nothing.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - ARCH-AUR-GIT.20200807.1a544e3 running on Wandboard Quad, music library on USB HDD
    Squeezebox Touch plugged into run-of-the-mill stereo rig via Musical Fidelity X-Act, extra speakers in kitchen, basement, and bedroom connected by ordinary (not unidirectional) copper wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapaballou View Post
    Is it a firewall issue? I can use squeezeplay on Windows 10.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk