Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vrette View Post
    I've been using SqueezePlay for years with great success and really appreciate the effort. However, I've run into a bit of a snag. I'm attempting to automate the use of SqueezePlay (among other things) via remote. I'm using SqueezePlay to control a Touch, and displaying SqueezePlay on my TV. I've run into an issue where the Windows standard keyboard shortcut to close a program (ALT-F4) does not close SqueezePlay. Instead, it goes to preset # 4. I have the same issue on several computers. I've messed with this for a while and have not come up with an alternate shortcut to close the SqueezePlay window. Is there another way to close Squeezeplay using a keyboard shortcut rather than having to drag out a mouse and/or keyboard?

Thanks
    I've attached a patch that creates a quit action and as an example, maps the lower case letter o to the quit action.

I can add the quit action in the next build, but I won't likely include a key binding in InputToActionMap.lua as pressing the o key quits squeezeplay immediately, no are you sure? prompts.

Code:
    Index: share/applets/SlimBrowser/SlimBrowserApplet.lua
    ===================================================================
    --- share/applets/SlimBrowser/SlimBrowserApplet.lua     (revision 1101)
    +++ share/applets/SlimBrowser/SlimBrowserApplet.lua     (working copy)
    @@ -1727,6 +1727,12 @@
            ["scanner_fwd"] = function(self, event)
                    return self.scanner:event(event)
            end,
    +
    +       ["quit"] = function()
    +               -- disconnect from Player/SqueezeCenter
    +               appletManager:callService("disconnectPlayer")
    +               return (EVENT_CONSUME | EVENT_QUIT)
    +       end,
     }

Index: share/jive/InputToActionMap.lua
    --- share/jive/InputToActionMap.lua     (revision 1101)
    +++ share/jive/InputToActionMap.lua     (working copy)
    @@ -36,6 +37,7 @@
            ["e"]  = "scanner_rew",
            ["r"]  = "scanner_fwd",
            ["u"]  = "mute",
    +       ["o"]  = "quit",

-- original
            ["/"]   = "go_search",
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I've attached a patch that creates a quit action and as an example, maps the lower case letter o to the quit action.

I can add the quit action in the next build, but I won't likely include a key binding in InputToActionMap.lua as pressing the o key quits squeezeplay immediately, no are you sure? prompts.

Code:
    Index: share/applets/SlimBrowser/SlimBrowserApplet.lua
    --- share/applets/SlimBrowser/SlimBrowserApplet.lua     (revision 1101)
    +++ share/applets/SlimBrowser/SlimBrowserApplet.lua     (working copy)
    @@ -1727,6 +1727,12 @@
            ["scanner_fwd"] = function(self, event)
                    return self.scanner:event(event)
            end,
    +
    +       ["quit"] = function()
    +               -- disconnect from Player/SqueezeCenter
    +               appletManager:callService("disconnectPlayer")
    +               return (EVENT_CONSUME | EVENT_QUIT)
    +       end,
     }

Index: share/jive/InputToActionMap.lua
    --- share/jive/InputToActionMap.lua     (revision 1101)
    +++ share/jive/InputToActionMap.lua     (working copy)
    @@ -36,6 +37,7 @@
            ["e"]  = "scanner_rew",
            ["r"]  = "scanner_fwd",
            ["u"]  = "mute",
    +       ["o"]  = "quit",

-- original
            ["/"]   = "go_search",
    Perfect! I surprised myself and despite having no idea as to what I was doing, I successfully modified the code in the two modules and now SqueezePlay closes when I hit the "o" key.

It would be great if you included something along these lines in the next build. Personally I would not want any kind of "Are you sure you want to quit?" dialog since that would just complicate programing the keystrokes into the remote.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by vrette View Post
    Perfect! I surprised myself and despite having no idea as to what I was doing, I successfully modified the code in the two modules and now SqueezePlay closes when I hit the "o" key.

It would be great if you included something along these lines in the next build. Personally I would not want any kind of "Are you sure you want to quit?" dialog since that would just complicate programing the keystrokes into the remote.

Thanks!
    I may do something similiar to what the picoreplayer settings applet does for a reboot;

Give a five second count down before quitting,
    If the user presses a key within the 5 seconds the quit is cancelled otherwise squeezeplay exits when 5 seconds are up.
    Then I could include a key binding for the quit action.
    Ralphy

I may do something similiar to what the picoreplayer settings applet does for a reboot;

Give a five second count down before quitting,
    If the user presses a key within the 5 seconds the quit is cancelled otherwise squeezeplay exits when 5 seconds are up.
    Then I could include a key binding for the quit action.
    I like the countdown idea.

Again, thanks for the help.

Windows squeezeplay build 7.8.0r1101 available.

Supports save and play for all 10 presets. Requires LMS 7.9.2 1527514762+ for presets 7 through 10 support.
    Bug fixes.

See the first post in this thread for details.
    Ralphy

Sorry maybe I should choose different topic concerning squeezelite on Windows...but I couldn't find appropriate topic so I write here.
    I would like to play squeezelite with WASAPI or WDM-KS output on my win7 x64 with Realtek ALC892 sound chip.
    I downloaded the newest:
    Code:
    Squeezelite v1.9.0-1119, Copyright 2012-2015 Adrian Smith, 2015-2018 Ralph Irving. See -t for license terms
    Build options: WIN PORTAUDIO WINEVENT RESAMPLE FFMPEG DSD LINKALL
    The sound output list is as follows:
    Code:
    C:\nssm-2.24\nssm-2.24\win64>"C:\Program Files (x86)\squeezelite\squeezelite-win.exe" -l Output devices:
      0 - Mapowanie dzwieku Microsoft - Output [MME]
      1 - Glosniki (Realtek High Definiti [MME]
      2 - Realtek Digital Output (Realtek [MME]
      3 - Podstawowy sterownik dzwieku [Windows DirectSound]
      4 - Glosniki (Realtek High Definition Audio) [Windows DirectSound]
      5 - Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio) [Windows DirectSound]
      6 - Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio) [Windows WASAPI]
      7 - Glosniki (Realtek High Definition Audio) [Windows WASAPI]
      8 - Speakers (Realtek HD Audio output) [Windows WDM-KS]
      11 - SPDIF Out (Realtek HDA SPDIF Optical Out) [Windows WDM-KS]
      12 - SPDIF Out (Realtek HDA SPDIF Out) [Windows WDM-KS]
      14 - Output (Audio dla wyswietlaczy Intel(R) - Wyjscie 3) [Windows WDM-KS]
    but when I select '7'-[Windows WASAPI] or 8-[Windows WDM-KS] I see errors:
    Code:
    C:\nssm-2.24\nssm-2.24\win64>"C:\Program Files (x86)\squeezelite\squeezelite-win.exe" -m 0b:7d:5f:1f:3a:57 -o 7 -r 192000 -D 80 -C 1
    [09:51:53.671] test_open:203 error opening portaudio stream: Invalid device
    [09:51:53.671] output_init_common:384 unable to open output device: 7

C:\nssm-2.24\nssm-2.24\win64>"C:\Program Files (x86)\squeezelite\squeezelite-win.exe" -m 0b:7d:5f:1f:3a:57 -o 8 -r 192000 -D 80 -C 1
    [09:52:17.561] test_open:203 error opening portaudio stream: Invalid device
    [09:52:17.561] output_init_common:384 unable to open output device: 8
    I can play squeezelite only with output 1-[MME] or 4-[Windows DirectSound].
    How could I switch to WASAPI or WDM-KS?
    Thanks and regards,
    B

Squeezeplay only supports Direct Sound and MultiMedia Extension sound devices now. You can review the technical reasons why support was removed here

Unfortunately I was unable to change the thread title to remove the references to ASIO, WASAPI and WDMKS.

However, you CAN use jivelite with your working squeezelite player. The visualizer screen savers are not available with jivelite for windows.

Also, check out Squeezelite-X.
    Ralphy

Squeezeplay only supports Direct Sound and MultiMedia Extension sound devices now. You can review the technical reasons why support was removed here

Unfortunately I was unable to change the thread title to remove the references to ASIO, WASAPI and WDMKS.

...[/url].
    Thanks. Ok I understand that there is and issue with ASIO, WASAPI and WDMKS in Squeezeplay. But I ask about ASIO, WASAPI and WDMKS output in squeezelite.
    You wrote:
    To restore ASIO, WASAPI and WDMKS support in squeezeplay after installation replace portaudio.dll in the C:\Program Files\SqueezePlay folder with the one from squeezelite-1.9.0-1112-win32.zip
    So I assume that last versions of WIN squeezelite supports ASIO, WASAPI and WDMKS?
    Please clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by bernid View Post
    Thanks. Ok I understand that there is and issue with ASIO, WASAPI and WDMKS in Squeezeplay. But I ask about ASIO, WASAPI and WDMKS output in squeezelite.
    You wrote:

So I assume that last versions of WIN squeezelite supports ASIO, WASAPI and WDMKS?
    Please clarify.
    I assumed we were talking about squeezeplay, since you asked in a squeezeplay thread.

Squeezeplay crashed as soon as it tried to change the device sample rate, that's why support for those apis was removed.

Squeezelite supports all windows audio apis. However, squeezelite doesn't include the portaudio.dll anymore, it is compiled directly into the executable.
    Ralphy

Playing AAC radio streams from favorites on Squeezeplay not using LMS.

Hi Ralphy and all,

First of all a big thank you for all the good work you've done with the all different versions of squeezeplay & lite!
    I've been using both Squeezeplay and Squeezelite for quite some time now. First just shortly about me and what I think of my own knowledge about programming and computers; I'm by no means any computer pro or for that matter a programmer. I'm just a huge music fan and actually in reality all I know about the aforementioned subjects comes mostly from dealing with matters coming from some type of problem with all of my different setups. Even though I love to learn new things it's also many times frustrating not having any "formal education" in the subject. So need some help figuring this one out. As a sidenote, my matter also concern SP on Mac OSX since I sometime use that combo.

Anyhow here's what troubles me; it's from trying to play some AAC streams from swedish radio on Squeezplay and not working, (can be found here https://sverigesradio.se/sida/grupps...56&grupp=10632. ("Länk" is "link" in english) this is the site that gives directlinks to all swedish PR live streams. I found that seemingly none of the AAC streams work on Squeezeplay and it (lets say mildly ...) irritated me. So I ended up spending most of yesterday reading threads and googling about "AAC radio stream issues". To put it short, it was a good but a pretty long lesson ... :-/ And yes I now know, it works fine if SP is connected to LMS due to the transcoding in LMS. But I would really like that my “favorites” links also works when not connected to LMS.Ie when using my favorites on MySq.com

So I learnt that Squeezeplay can't play AAC but Squeezelite and the HW players can. And ended up with the "conclusion" that it has to do with the "libfaad2.dll" file is not "compiled" in Squeezplay? Now I just want to make it clear that I've honestly no idea what "compiled" means! And I'm also not certain that the problem has to do with the DLL. I just "think" so?!? So please forgive my low competence and skill and correct me with a better way of describing it if I’m wrong.
    Naturally after this, the easy way out would be to "just" to use Squeezelite connected to LMS and problem solved ... sadly I hate the the word "just" and as said I always want to learn and understand things. ;-) :-)

So my question to you or anyone who has the insight that I lack, is it possible to start Squeezeplay with some kind of "command" so the "libfaad2.dll" is “loaded into Squeezeplay when it starts? And once again, since the fact is that I’m only making a guess from what I read that the problem lies within the "libfaad2.dll" file. Please do correct me if I’m wrong on that one.
    So if I’m wrong with my guessing, what else can be done to correct this “problem”? Is it a lot of work? I’m eager to know whats going on here. But please try to explain very basic withou too many shorted down technical terms. As I said, I'm an amateur.