Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Just compiling the libfaad2.dll into squeezeplay won't magically add aac support. The supporting C/lua code needs to be written and added into squeezeplay as well.

You don't mention what version of LMS, if any, you are using.

The aac stream links work with squeezeplay when using LMS to transcode them to flac.

Have a look at Squeezelite-X as an alternative to squeezeplay for windows.

For MacOS you can install my Jivelite and Squeezelite packages if you want native aac support. You'll need to start squeezelite manually or setup launchd to have it start automatically.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Just compiling the libfaad2.dll into squeezeplay won't magically add aac support. The supporting C/lua code needs to be written and added into squeezeplay as well.
    Ok, so I guess I should read it like it takes a lot of work? Never mind I manage anyway. Just thought it would be neat with "everything in on place" so to speak.

As I sad, I don't know shit about programming so have no idea of the amount of work that goes into it. If I'd an idea of what to do I would give it a try. Things like "supporting C/lua code" is for a amateur "technical terms". Only thing I know is that "lua" is a programming language (from googling).

Thanks again for all your work.

Squeezeplay/Jivelite power on/off button to "light up"?

Does anyone have an idea if it somehow is possible to "tweak" Squeezeplay and Jivelite so that the power button is "illuminated" when the selected player is on?

I.e like in the standard web GUI where the power button goes from white to a greenish colour when power on a player.

Mostly running Squeezeplay and Jivelite on Windows and sometimes on OS X, but there is no difference of this function.

Screenshots in %appdata%\Squeezeplay\userpath

I noticed that whenever I take a screenshot of the SqueezePlay window, a copy is placed in %appdata%\Squeezeplay\userpath as a BMP file. Even though this is a nice feature, is there a way to turn if off?

Shutdown Squeezplay, delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\SqueezePlay\lua\applets\Screenshot folder and restart squeezeplay.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Thanks! I moved Screenshot to a new folder SqueezePlay\lua\applets.disabled. One never knows :-)

"BUMP" Anyone have an idea?

Quote Originally Posted by doggod View Post
    Does anyone have an idea if it somehow is possible to "tweak" Squeezeplay and Jivelite so that the power button is "illuminated" when the selected player is on?

I.e like in the standard web GUI where the power button goes from white to a greenish colour when power on a player.

Mostly running Squeezeplay and Jivelite on Windows and sometimes on OS X, but there is no difference of this function.
    "BUMP" Anyone have an idea?