Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

LMS dlna & Skifta

Skifta is an app to access and play files via dlna. THis doesn't work for LMS ... .the file loads into the player but won't play.

I contacted Skifta and got the following reply:

Here is the issue. The LMS is performing URL mapping like this:
    http://192.168.1.12:9000/music/12/do...p3?bitrate=320

In order to stream - this needs to be a real content path (similar to the way the Huawei is handling the content).
    Check the options on the LMS to see if you can turn off content mapping (it may be called something else).

Make any sense to anyone?
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't normally use it for music but skifta works with LMS for me when I just tried it. What external player does skifta open? I got the option of using moboplayer or Google music, both work.
    I do use DNLA with LMS and Skifta but for for videos normally.

I'll caveat my comment by saying this is connected with Wifi to the same network as my LMS server is connected to. Are you having issues with streaming via the Internet?

For music playback I use the squeeze player app in conjunction with orange squeeze or squeeze commander. I have streamed externally over the Internet using this setup (with a dyndns.org account on my router)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobvfr400 View Post
    I wouldn't normally use it for music but skifta works with LMS for me when I just tried it. What external player does skifta open? I got the option of using moboplayer or Google music, both work.
    I do use DNLA with LMS and Skifta but for for videos normally.

I'll caveat my comment by saying this is connected with Wifi to the same network as my LMS server is connected to. Are you having issues with streaming via the Internet?

For music playback I use the squeeze player app in conjunction with orange squeeze or squeeze commander. I have streamed externally over the Internet using this setup (with a dyndns.org account on my router)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Thanks for the reply Skifta sees the files, loads them BUT won't play. I want to play on the android tablet itself. I don't get an external player option - just skifta.

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By external player I mean another app on the tablet. Skifta for me opens files in another app (mxplayer or moboplayer for example) you may need to set this option in the program settings.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobvfr400 View Post
    By external player I mean another app on the tablet. Skifta for me opens files in another app (mxplayer or moboplayer for example) you may need to set this option in the program settings.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2
    There's only an option for video players - I wonder if that incudes audio too?