Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    It will resample if transcode rules are working on your system.
    Resampling will be done using sox and maybe flac. Your LMS system is very old 2012 and sox and lms may no longer run. For example, if OS has been update in the meantime the libraries for sox / flac may no longer be compatible.

1.Check if LMS supplied flac and sox run on your system.
    2. If they don't - update LMS
    3.if you can't update LMS (e.g. NAS based) then see if you can update sox and flac separately.
    I think you nailed it. From the LMS Log File:

sh: /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Bin/i386-linux/flac: No such file or directory
    sh: /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Bin/i386-linux/sox: No such file or directory

Now to find out what happened here.

And yes it is on a NAS that I recently upgraded and I don't want the hassles or risk of trying to update LMS since I only use the features from 2012. :-)
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus View Post
    I think you nailed it. From the LMS Log File:

sh: /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Bin/i386-linux/flac: No such file or directory
    sh: /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Bin/i386-linux/sox: No such file or directory

Now to find out what happened here.

And yes it is on a NAS that I recently upgraded and I don't want the hassles or risk of trying to update LMS since I only use the features from 2012. :-)
    It is odd to have no executables. Are you sure your nas is classified as i386-linux ?

If it is a mainstream NAS /architecture - you may be able to use compatible executables from the slimserver repository.

What type of NAS model etc and what version of OS ?

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    It is odd to have no executables. Are you sure your nas is classified as i386-linux ?

If it is a mainstream NAS /architecture - you may be able to use compatible executables from the slimserver repository.

What type of NAS model etc and what version of OS ?
    I think this is the reason. I upgraded from a QNAP 459 Pro II with Intel Atom D525 1.8 GHz at 32 bit to a

QNAP TS-453Be with Intel® Celeron® J3455 quad-core 1.5 GHz processor which is 64 bit

Looking at WinSCP I can see the files. I will attempt to figure out why. Maybe the upgrade did not map this share correctly.

I may have to bite the bullet and install the latest LMS for QNAP
    Chris

OK. Rather than killing myself debugging I decided to join the existing decade and I installed QLogitechMediaServer

Now the players downsample the HD audio like it used to.

Now I have to dig up my old plugin I wrote for my Denon amp and iPeng since it never made the standard plugin list. I suspect I may have some updating too but I might get surprised. :-)
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus View Post
    OK. Rather than killing myself debugging I decided to join the existing decade and I installed QLogitechMediaServer

Now the players downsample the HD audio like it used to.

Now I have to dig up my old plugin I wrote for my Denon amp and iPeng since it never made the standard plugin list. I suspect I may have some updating too but I might get surprised. :-)
    A good move for the future. If you use any internet services then latest versions of LMS (7.9.2 onward) is nearly essential as it has better support of https than older versions.