Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Playlists Using USB stick

I have no idea how to create playlists on this machine. I follow the instructions, hold the selection, goes through the add next and back to screen, carry on making more selections. When finished, I go to playlists and it is empty again.

I can switch from the USB to the server on the PC and playlists are there, back to USB stick and empty. I have installed squeezebox server on the Touch as I wish to use it as a standalone with a pair of Rokit speakers rather than have the pc on all of the time.

Is there a problem with this playlist creation using USB, in fact is it impossible because it seems to be. Can anyone suggest a prog that can access the unit and create playlists without going through the individual tracks.?

To be honest, the Joggler was better at being a Squeezebox Touch than the Squeewzwbox Touch appears to be ! The ability to telnet in and inhibit full scans on the server for example was v. useful and made the machine a lot quicker.

J

Quote Originally Posted by shiddiefon View Post
    I have no idea how to create playlists on this machine. I follow the instructions, hold the selection, goes through the add next and back to screen, carry on making more selections. When finished, I go to playlists and it is empty again.

I can switch from the USB to the server on the PC and playlists are there, back to USB stick and empty. I have installed squeezebox server on the Touch as I wish to use it as a standalone with a pair of Rokit speakers rather than have the pc on all of the time.

Is there a problem with this playlist creation using USB, in fact is it impossible because it seems to be. Can anyone suggest a prog that can access the unit and create playlists without going through the individual tracks.?

To be honest, the Joggler was better at being a Squeezebox Touch than the Squeewzwbox Touch appears to be ! The ability to telnet in and inhibit full scans on the server for example was v. useful and made the machine a lot quicker.

J
    When you've finished building your playlist, on the Touch "Now Playing" screen, press the icon top right, scroll down to and press "Save playlist", enter a name for the playlist, and press done. You should get confirmation of the playlist name.
    This should now be available under "My Music" > Playlists.
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0-b7 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Sort Of Worked!

Selected about 40 tracks, went to save, pressed Icon at the top and it just saved one song.

However, I have set up a share on it now which lets me use Tag and Rename to go straight into the media folder.

Are the playlists a straightfwd m3u file as in winamp? T&R lets you select multiple files and save as a playlist which would be much easier. I now there is an issue with relative folder addressing and the differences between Linux and Windows structures.

Thanks for assistance

J

Moving Swirftly on

Managed to create a playlist, but every song appears twice. This an extract from the m3u file. Every song in the list appears twice, and the Touch plays them all twice.... is this the correct format as you see it for a playlist file?

#EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:283,Eva Cassidy - Fields Of Gold
    Lurrvesongs\Fields Of Gold - Eva Cassidy.mp3
    #EXTINF:253,Simply Red - Holding Back The Years
    Lurrvesongs\Holding Back The Years - Simply Red.mp3
    #EXTINF:201,UB40 - I Can't Help Falling In Love With You
    Lurrvesongs\I Can't Help Falling In Love With You - UB40.mp3

Are you chosing files via artist or album etc or "music folder" ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Choosing

Not sure, think it was via the folder. Is it possible to edit the file in a text editor to remove duplicates. As can be seen from the extract, each file is referenced twice, once with the EXT number and once without

J

Quote Originally Posted by shiddiefon View Post
    Managed to create a playlist, but every song appears twice. This an extract from the m3u file. Every song in the list appears twice, and the Touch plays them all twice.... is this the correct format as you see it for a playlist file?

#EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:283,Eva Cassidy - Fields Of Gold
    Lurrvesongs\Fields Of Gold - Eva Cassidy.mp3
    #EXTINF:253,Simply Red - Holding Back The Years
    Lurrvesongs\Holding Back The Years - Simply Red.mp3
    #EXTINF:201,UB40 - I Can't Help Falling In Love With You
    Lurrvesongs\I Can't Help Falling In Love With You - UB40.mp3
    It's not clear to me where or how you created the playlist that your extract is taken from.

I've just made a test playlist of 5 tracks using the Touch screen, connected to TinyLMS, extract below, all tracks play once only.

#CURTRACK 0
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTURL:file:///media/mmcblk0p1/Tunes/10cc/Sheet%20Music/01%20The%20Wall%20Street%20Shuffle.mp3
    #EXTINF:234,The Wall Street Shuffle
    /media/mmcblk0p1/Tunes/10cc/Sheet Music/01 The Wall Street Shuffle.mp3
    #EXTURL:file:///media/mmcblk0p1/Tunes/Aaron%20Neville/Bring%20It%20On%20Home/02%20Ain%27t%20No%20Sunshine.mp3
    #EXTINF:220,Ain't No Sunshine
    /media/mmcblk0p1/Tunes/Aaron Neville/Bring It On Home/02 Ain't No Sunshine.mp3
    #EXTURL:file:///media/mmcblk0p1/Tunes/America/The%20Complete%20Greatest%20Hits/01%20A%20Horse%20With%20No%20Name.mp3
    #EXTINF:251,A Horse With No Name
    /media/mmcblk0p1/Tunes/America/The Complete Greatest Hits/01 A Horse With No Name.mp3
    #EXTURL:file:///media/mmcblk0p1/Tunes/Avett%20Brothers/The%20Gleam/03%20Yard%20Sale.mp3
    #EXTINF:222,Yard Sale
    /media/mmcblk0p1/Tunes/Avett Brothers/The Gleam/03 Yard Sale.mp3
    #EXTURL:file:///media/mmcblk0p1/Tunes/Bob%20Dylan/Blonde%20On%20Blonde/01%20Rainy%20Day%20Women%20%2312%20&%2035.mp3
    #EXTINF:277,Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
    /media/mmcblk0p1/Tunes/Bob Dylan/Blonde On Blonde/01 Rainy Day Women #12 & 35.mp3
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0-b7 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Playlists..

Been having a play myself. Used the option to save the whole album and saved as a playlist. Loaded it into word as a text document (unicode as that formats it as readable). Ditched the tracks I didn't want by cutting from the EXTURL text until the second entry finishes with .mp3

Then stitched the 3 files (one from each album) together which contained the tracks I wanted into one file using the PC straight into the SB Touch (I set up a share so it is avilable on the Network).

Stopped and Started Logitech Server to capture the changes and now working fine and playing as I write this. There must be a playlist editor that lets you do this as opposed to having to muck around in windows. I suppose I could write one in access as the file is fairly rigidly constructed and you would just have to parse it and delete the appropriate entries. That's next months work though !

Regards

J