Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

SqueezePlay-x86_64-7.8.0r1286.dmg won't open

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I've uploaded SqueezePlay-x86_64-7.8.0r1286.dmg to sourceforge with a fix for Big Sur and removed the dropbox test builds.

The only difference between 1284-2 and 1286 is that I restored support for macOS 10.7+. 1284-2 only supported Sierra and above.

See the first post in this thread for details.
    When I try to open SqueezePlay-x86_64-7.8.0r1286.dmg on my Macbook Pro I get the following message "SqueezePlay.app cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified."

Is there a workaround?

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldg View Post
    When I try to open SqueezePlay-x86_64-7.8.0r1286.dmg on my Macbook Pro I get the following message "SqueezePlay.app cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified."

Is there a workaround?
    Yes, assuming you dragged it to the Applications folder navigate to it in Finder, right click and open, and you should be able to open it rather than just dismiss the message. Once you have done this it will open without prompting. This works on any app which isn't notarised

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ForestChav View Post
    Yes, assuming you dragged it to the Applications folder navigate to it in Finder, right click and open, and you should be able to open it rather than just dismiss the message. Once you have done this it will open without prompting. This works on any app which isn't notarised
    Worked. Thanks!

SqueezePlay-x86_64-8.0.1r1310.dmg?

Hi Ralph,

I wanted to download the patch version for Big Sur and saw the new release 1310. But here you still refer to r1286. Any info on this new release?

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by peterjk View Post
    Hi Ralph,

I wanted to download the patch version for Big Sur and saw the new release 1310. But here you still refer to r1286. Any info on this new release?

Peter
    Just the version number and a patch to fix a bug in the icy meta data handling as discussed here.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Just the version number and a patch to fix a bug in the icy meta data handling as discussed here.
    OK, thanks.

Hi ralphy and thanks for your effort with the players!

I have a question about output device. As I understand it SqueezePlay output only to what Audi/Midi is set to. Now, I see other players e.g. VOX that have a pulldown menu to select other available sound "cards" like an external Roland USB card and this "overriding/surpassing" the OS setting.

My question is: do SqueezePlay have this ability? - I cant seem to find it.

Why do I ask this? I would like my ouput device to follow the PCM stream sampling frequency but as I understand it, everything is resampled to what Audio/Midi is set to - this might however be wrong, so... ?

An other reason is that I dont want other sources to be played back to my sound device that I have connected to my stereo system speakers.

Thanks //

Quote Originally Posted by jonte0 View Post
    Hi ralphy and thanks for your effort with the players!

I have a question about output device. As I understand it SqueezePlay output only to what Audi/Midi is set to. Now, I see other players e.g. VOX that have a pulldown menu to select other available sound "cards" like an external Roland USB card and this "overriding/surpassing" the OS setting.

My question is: do SqueezePlay have this ability? - I cant seem to find it.

Why do I ask this? I would like my ouput device to follow the PCM stream sampling frequency but as I understand it, everything is resampled to what Audio/Midi is set to - this might however be wrong, so... ?

An other reason is that I dont want other sources to be played back to my sound device that I have connected to my stereo system speakers.

Thanks //
    No squeezeplay does not support this. To use a device other than the default you need to follow the steps listed in the first post of this thread.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Thanks for the answer - I will try to follow the instructions that I hope is still valid also for catalina.

May we entertain hope for a forthcoming addition of an "in app setting"?

BR //

Struggling...

Hallo!

Well I have not been successful.. I tried to get in contact with the script creator in post #11 but the person seem to not been active since 2014.

I have a few questions... and in general on thin ice...

- the script seem to use squeezslave - do I need to install that also I assume? Is there a version for 10.15 Catalina?
    - re: paths... "I put in /usr/local/bin as squeezeslave" - how do I perform this?

I think many of us GUI users (and not programmers) would really appreciate a GUI support for these settings (Fs and playback device) - - pretty please!?

//