Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Quote Originally Posted by stuarty View Post
    I'm sure this is obvious but I can't figure it out. How do I resize the SqueezePlay app window? When I drag the bottom left corner it doesn't work, the window doesn't change.
    The window isn't resizable in that way. This app uses various skins that rely on fixed screen sizes (presumably derived from various hardware devices).

If you go to Settings --> Screen --> Select Skin there are a few you can choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by dborod View Post
    The window isn't resizable in that way. This app uses various skins that rely on fixed screen sizes (presumably derived from various hardware devices). If you go to Settings --> Screen --> Select Skin there are a few you can choose from.
    @dborod. Many thanks, that's great. I like the Joggler skin as a desktop window. I've used LMS and devices for years (since 2008) but am only now using SqueezePlay on my Mac. I'll take this chance to thank M Herger and everyone else who keeps LMS going and who contributes to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by stuarty View Post
    @dborod. Many thanks, that's great. I like the Joggler skin as a desktop window. I've used LMS and devices for years (since 2008) but am only now using SqueezePlay on my Mac. I'll take this chance to thank M Herger and everyone else who keeps LMS going and who contributes to the community.
    Indeed, there are many that keep this all going, and I too am thankful.

I think there's no way within the app to alter the audio output it uses. If you connect/disconnect audio devices you might need to re-launch SqueezePlay. There's some previous items in this thread where this gets discussed.

Also, I find that the non-retina rendering of its window to be distracting, but it works just fine.

Hi everyone,

I have Squeezeplay installed on two Macs : one MacBook Pro and one iMac. Both are on the same (work) network and are connected to my home server using the same vpn configuration.

With the MacBook Pro, Squeezeplay work as expected, but on the iMac it is not able to connect to the remote library (getting the "try again" window in Squeezeplay), but it shows as a player on the LMS web interface. As a result, I can play music on the iMac (using the web interface or iPeng as a controller), but the volume control has no effect and Squeezeplay is not showing the "now playing" interface and it does not allow library browsing from the app itself. I can totally live without the now playing and browsing, but the volume control would be great to have since the actual "fixed" volume is not loud enough.

Is there something I should look into to make the connection work in order to get the same features on the iMac as on the MacBook Pro? I looked into the settings files and except for the player computer ids and the player names, they are identical.

Thanks in advance.

(Sorry if it is not the right place to post this question)

Z.

On the problem Mac, start by quiting squeezeplay then delete your /Users/USERNAME/Library/Preferences/SqueezePlay folder
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    On the problem Mac, start by quiting squeezeplay then delete your /Users/USERNAME/Library/Preferences/SqueezePlay folder
    Hi ralphy,

Thanks for the reply. I already tried that. What happens is the next time I start Sqeezeplay, I choose the language, then I get this :
    Name:  Capture dĺÚcran, le 2020-08-19 Ó 14.03.38.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  44.7 KB
    If I click Continue, it tries to connect to mysqueezebox, which gives me the message "Problem connecting".

I also tried to copy the settings (the Squeezeplay preference folder) from the working MacBook Pro to the non-working iMac, but I still get the same results, ie seeing the player in the web interface, but nothing on the Squeezeplay interface.

Z

Also, what is the version of squeezeplay?

There are a couple other possibilities.

1. there is another player like squeezelite or softsqueeze already running on the mac.
    2. there is more than one active network interface, like wired and wireless and/or vpn.
    3. the firewall is blocking squeezeplay.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Also, what is the version of squeezeplay?

There are a couple other possibilities.

1. there is another player like squeezelite or softsqueeze already running on the mac.
    2. there is more than one active network interface, like wired and wireless and/or vpn.
    3. the firewall is blocking squeezeplay.
    Version is 7.8.0r1227.

As for the other possibilities :

1. Squeezeplay is the only player running. I tried running Squeezelite, but never got it to start. I just checked the activity monitor and Squeezeplay is the only one.

2. Wireless is off and I'm running a wired connection. But I also tried using the wireless network (because the working MacBook Pro is on wifi), without success. I even tried tethering my LTE connection from my personal phone, bypassing the work network : no success.

3. I thought about that too, but I had a tech person disable the firewall and antivirus on my computer : still no success.

The only remaining thing I can think about is when I configured Squeezeplay on my MacBook Pro, I was on my home network where no VPN is needed. So maybe (that's a stretch) the "first contact" has to be local for Squeezeplay to be able to fully talk (back and forth) to the server. In any case, it's weird.

Thanks for the help, it's appreciated.

I have a similar problem on Mac OS, not only you experiencing this.
    3x Squeezebox Touch
    1x Squeezebox Classic
    Server: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.
    Mobile: 3x Ipeng on Iphone / 2x Ipeng on Ipad / Orange Squeeze+Squeeze Player
    Laptops: 2x Squeezeplay 7.8.0-r328

Do Squeezplay inhibit the screen to sleep on MacOS?

Its unfortunate if so... Setting?

//

PS. Yes I verified this - SP takes my laptop out of screensaver mode.
    Last edited by jonte0; 2020-09-25 at 01:26. Reason: Checked the behaviour again..