Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Back to back testing - same channel same metadata.
    1. The old version 1116 crashed when cycling through screensavers - crashing when moving from image
    2. The new version 1148 cycles through the images OK.

Looks good.
    That's great!
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I think I've found the cause.

I upgraded the SDL_gfx library to 2.0.24 at r300 back in Sept 2013. I've reverted to 2.0.15 the same as the radio and touch and haven't been able to crash squeezeplay with iplayer.

Please try this MacOS squeezeplay test build and let us know.
    That seems to have fixed it! Thanks for all your hard work!

One other thing, when the squeezeplay app is running the iMac doesn't sleep? Not even the screen turns off! Can I change this behaviour somehow?
    Cheers,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Mothy_Tim View Post
    That seems to have fixed it! Thanks for all your hard work!

One other thing, when the squeezeplay app is running the iMac doesn't sleep? Not even the screen turns off! Can I change this behaviour somehow?
    Cheers,
    Tim
    You need to set SDL_VIDEO_ALLOW_SCREENSAVER=1 in a Run a script using /bin/bash automator script.

Code:
    export SDL_VIDEO_ALLOW_SCREENSAVER=1
    /Applications/SqueezePlay.app/Contents/MacOS/SqueezePlay > $HOME/SqueezePlay.log 2>&1 &
    Then run squeezeplay via the automator script instead of directly from applications.
    Ralphy

MacOS squeezeplay build 7.8.0r1149 available.

Fix squeezeplay crashing when cycling through Now Playing screens with bbc iplayer plugin.
    Bug fixes.

See the first post in this thread for details.
    Ralphy

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    You need to set SDL_VIDEO_ALLOW_SCREENSAVER=1 in a Run a script using /bin/bash automator script.

Code:
    export SDL_VIDEO_ALLOW_SCREENSAVER=1
    /Applications/SqueezePlay.app/Contents/MacOS/SqueezePlay > $HOME/SqueezePlay.log 2>&1 &
    Then run squeezeplay via the automator script instead of directly from applications.
    Thanks, all seems good now!
    Cheers,
    Tim

Hello @ralphy.

I wonder if you can help me. I really like the default layout of Squeezeplay's "Now Playing" screen but I'd like it to show the track rating and maybe some other non-standard track information as well.
    SInce I couldn't think of any other way to get this information onto the Now Playing screen, I've fiddled around with Erland's CustomClock applet and CustomClockHelper which would replace the Now Playing screen with a custom version.
    But SqueezePlay's Now Playing screen (esp. the UI elements) is made up of so many different small image elements (buttons, backgrounds, bars, image parts of all sorts...) that I'm struggling to put them all into their right place to mimic the original Now Playing screen.

Do you know of any CustomClock style that replicates the Now Playing screen 100%? Or alternatively, where can I find the information I need for the Now Playing Screen (name of all required image elements, their position...) in the SqueezePlay Code?

Thank you.