Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Well, after having played around with it a bit and letting aside how much is missing that I definitely need for an everyday system, I _do_ have to say that the basic idea behind the change, which is to not have to switch servers and control it in one place _does_ have it's merits.
    You can actually build a current playlist containing tracks from several servers, and that even works if your server is only temporarily available, like a PC.

_If_ they would manage to make it more reliable (something where they'd have to work with my ISP and my electrician since my problem is a bad internet connection) and bring back the flexibility the old Squeezebox system had, I would actually quite like this.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Well, after having played around with it a bit and letting aside how much is missing that I definitely need for an everyday system, I _do_ have to say that the basic idea behind the change, which is to not have to switch servers and control it in one place _does_ have it's merits.
    You can actually build a current playlist containing tracks from several servers, and that even works if your server is only temporarily available, like a PC.

_If_ they would manage to make it more reliable (something where they'd have to work with my ISP and my electrician since my problem is a bad internet connection) and bring back the flexibility the old Squeezebox system had, I would actually quite like this.
    ..like a choice of where the controll piont should be for example making one of the local UE servers the master ,but let it seamlessly slip over to the cloud when it goes offline
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

+1

I just wish there was a way to view the current playlist you are building, that's not possible in the UE Smart Radio iPhone app from Logitech at the moment as far as I've seen. It's possible to view it on the UE Smart Radio display but I'm not using the UE Smart Radio on device controls when building a playlist, way to hard to search and browse through a big library or streaming service using those. Also, after you have built the playlist, there is no way to save it, neither on the UE Smart Radio directly nor through the iPhone app. Hopefully this is something they are working on but I didn't get that feeling based on the answers I got in the Beta section of the forum yesterday.

So playlist management current takes a big step back IMHO.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

Upgrade SB Radio to UE Radio

> I just wish there was a way to view the current playlist you are
    > building, that's not possible in the UE Smart Radio iPhone app from
    > Logitech at the moment as far as I've seen. It's possible to view it on

If we don't add it by v3.9.29 (v1.0.2 is in the store now), then I'm sure
    some 3rd party will fill the gap ;-).

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by rcampbel3 View Post
    I believe the accurate term is crossgrade...
    Judging by the general response on this forum, it's a verycrossindeedgrade.

I've gone ahead with the "crossgrade", and I have to say I really like the simplified interface.

I am having an issue though with the alarm clock. It's completely broken, doesn't ever go off. As soon as I upgraded I did a factory reset to start clean, so broken settings carried over from the old version cannot be the issue.

Is anyone else exhibiting issues on this firmware with the alarm? Could this be an issue with the time zone setting? The device clock is set correctly as far as I can see.

Works for me. Time zone CEST
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Upgrade SB Radio to UE Radio

> I've gone ahead with the "crossgrade", and I have to say I really like
    > the simplified interface.

How did you update?

> I am having an issue though with the alarm clock. It's completely
    > broken, doesn't ever go off.

That's bad. Is the clock displaying ok when off?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    So playlist management takes a big step back IMHO.
    Quite an achievement given how crap it was to start with...

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    How did you update?
    Using bluegaspode's method from this post: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post715276

While I know jack nothing about the Squeezebox OS unfortunately, I do have experience with Unix systems so I felt confident to go ahead with it. I had to put the file in /dev as well in order to get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    That's bad. Is the clock displaying ok when off?
    Clock is displaying perfectly fine, the system as a whole is working perfectly fine. Overall I'm very happy with this "crossgrade", but without a functioning alarm clock it's a real bust.

I am in EST so I have to change the setting after a factory reset, I doubt that has to do with it...

I've tried one-time alarm, repeating alarm, whatever you want alarm, it just doesn't go.

One odd thing I've noticed is that after setting the alarm times, they show up in the list in 24-hour format even though my system is set to 12-hour format. As in setting 6:00pm will show up as 18:00 for some reason. Not sure if this was expected behaviour, or if this was the same with the original firmware. Will try to screw around with some settings to see if it corrects the issue.