Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I tried the instructions above but I am getting an update failed message!

I SCP'd the bin file to the media folder (didn't complain about not being enough room). Then went to the Radio and selected upgrade. There were 2 options listed, v7 and v10. I selected v10, the screen showed the downloading screen, followed by the installing screen, followed by the update failed screen!

Any ideas?

It tries to unpack the file, so my best guess is that by not copying it to dev, maybe there was not enough space left.
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    ..... No login ? does it imply that there is no website to log in to to manage players in any way ? Just a backend service that works in the background ?.......
    Yes, there is online web UI account management of both players and music library location, but very simplistic. They have also reverted back to the PIN concept used in the old SqueezeNetwork days. Whether the PIN is just for beta I dunno.

I'd guess the Radio firmware update from SB to UE would be a totally separate offered menu item with very clear warnings and probably an "are you sure??" pop up. Michael H has already mentioned the very clear menu warning for such an update as there is no easy way back to SB firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegaspode View Post
    No time now to follow this route further - but with SSH access and the old menu to start firmware upgrades, I'm confident that I would be able to roll back if in need.
    yes the rollback works without problems after activating the old update menu

Quote Originally Posted by bluegaspode View Post
    The old instructions on the Wiki for some reason didn't work for me (wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Custom.baby.version).
    Here is how I installed UE on my bathroom Radio (at your own Risk - Michael said right now there is now way back, didn't test that yet):

If we think of new unexperienced users - getting started is dead easy now.
    For my bathroom, kids room and bedroom this UERadio would be all I need.
    I'm not using the LMS, purely radio (and Spotify if it only would not crash my SB Radio all the time), so I went on with this approach and 'updated' as described. Works great, I hoped the Spotify add-in would be better than the one used in the 7.x firmware version.
    Shocked to find out that after trying Spotify, the SB Radio rebooted several times, so no/nil/zero improvement here compared to previous firmware versions.
    For all the rest: no changes in functionality, the wife won't notice anything.

I do like the much cleaner interface, the Smartradio website (http://www.uesmartradio.com) is clean, easy to connect the radio with the pincode, also the straight forward easy-to-use iPhone app is a plus, but I had some problems finding my Favorite radio stations: the Live Radio (provided by http://TuneIn.com) menu is in Spanish? Anyway, TuneIn offers all radio stations in the world I guess, no gaps here and you can check the site on beforehand for you favorite station.

Edit: I was a bit anxious they'd 'downgraded' the UE Radio hardware wise, removing Line-In e.g., this however still works.
    Without defaulting after the firmware update, you'll still be able to access via WinSCP or SSH.
    What's missing is the web interface to control your radio: I was kind of used to browse to MySB.com to alter volume etc, now I have to use my iPhone for this. Not a big deal of course.
    Last edited by CFS; 2012-09-05 at 03:39.

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    Yes, there is online web UI account management of both players and music library location, but very simplistic. They have also reverted back to the PIN concept used in the old SqueezeNetwork days. Whether the PIN is just for beta I dunno.

I'd guess the Radio firmware update from SB to UE would be a totally separate offered menu item with very clear warnings and probably an "are you sure??" pop up. Michael H has already mentioned the very clear menu warning for such an update as there is no easy way back to SB firmware.

I'm vaguely curious .. I won't be doing any upgrades as I have a Touch and Classic as well as a Radio, and while i'm a very technical person, I still find the LMS system a bit 'clunky' - it could be better in many ways - e.g. creating playlists is hard work - can we have a screen shot of the new website please? Although I believe that there will be no local website - so I won't be able to create playlists that way anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo_NAS View Post
    I'm vaguely curious .. I won't be doing any upgrades as I have a Touch and Classic as well as a Radio, and while i'm a very technical person, I still find the LMS system a bit 'clunky' - it could be better in many ways - e.g. creating playlists is hard work - can we have a screen shot of the new website please? Although I believe that there will be no local website - so I won't be able to create playlists that way anyways?
    One feature which I guess is missing is the abiity to control the Radio from the Touch - I use this a lot, so I guess I won't be up/downgrading my Radio!

I revere my squeezeboxes - definitely the best devices I've ever bought (maybe only equalled by the amazing Raspberry Pi),

Try messing with the dreadful WD TV smp, and the Roku Holy Bible box and you really appreciate the Logis!
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upgrade SB Radio to UE Radio

> Yes, there is online web UI account management of both players and music
    > library location, but very simplistic. They have also reverted back to
    > the PIN concept used in the old SqueezeNetwork days. Whether the PIN is
    > just for beta I dunno.

The PIN is only a fallback method if your player can't be assigned to your
    account automatically during account creation, or semi-automatically
    afterwards: A message "Do you want to add this player to your account"
    should be shown on your radio. Under certain circumstances this discovery
    can fail (eg. your mobile phone is not on your wlan, but 3G), in which
    case you'll have to use the pin to do the pairing.

> I'd guess the Radio firmware update from SB to UE would be a totally
    > separate offered menu item with very clear warnings and probably an "are
    > you sure??" pop up.

Yes. Current plan is to have you check a checkbox on mysb.com after
    reading all the warnings. Then you'll get options to run the actual update.

--

Michael

It's not correct to refer this as an Upgrade. It's a Dumbgrade.

Cross grade

Quote Originally Posted by majones View Post
    It's not correct to refer this as an Upgrade. It's a Dumbgrade.
    I believe the accurate term is crossgrade...