Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thanks - worked like a charm!

Erland - thanks a lot - your instructions worked great on my Squeezebox Radio !

Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    I tried this a bit.

Holding << immediately after selecting Factory reset menu doesn't help.

However, turn it off and then hold << while power it on will revert the firmware to the previously installed version. As long as you haven't upgraded the UE Smart Radio firmare after you initially switched to it, this will return it to the Squeezebox firmware. After returning to Squeezebox firmware a reboot will turn it back to UE Smart Radio, so while it's using Squeezebox firmware you need to do something to make it stick. I did a firmware upgrade to the same version already installed and that made it stick when I rebooted it next time, I guess there is probably some hidden keyboard command to make it stick without having to do a firmware upgrade.

On mysqueezebox.com it works like this.
    - When you have selected to upgarde to UE Smart Radio a new menu will appear on the Squeezebox which you need to select to upgrade.
    - After upgrading there is no way to access any settings on mysqueezebox.com.
    - If you rollback the firmware as described above, to turn it into a Squeezebox, you can access its setting on mysqueezebox.com again (after a factory reset) and cancel the upgrade to UE Smart Radio and this will also make the "Upgrade to UE Smart Radio" menu item disappear from the Squeezebox screen again.

So to sum it up, the << operation will work for now, but if you stay on UE Smart Radio for a while so Logitech publish a new firmware version which you upgrade to, I believe you will have to use the manual method to get back to Squeezebox firmware. I can confirm that the manual method works, just tried it in my own setup.

Hopefully Logitech realize that a geeky solution like the above won't work for normal users and soon publish a better solution for people that regret the UE Smart Radio "upgrade".

Upgrade SB Radio to UE Radio

> Erland - thanks a lot - your instructions worked great on my Squeezebox
    > Radio !

Did the official way not work for you?

Is the update from the Squeezebox Radio firmware to the UE Smart Radio on mysqueezebox.com still available?
    I do not see an option to install this firmware on my Squeezebox radio on this website.

How can i install manually the UE Smart Radio Firmware on my squeezebox radio?

Yes, here is what I see on my MySB.com > Players screen
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by firemouz View Post
    Is the update from the Squeezebox Radio firmware to the UE Smart Radio on mysqueezebox.com still available?
    I do not see an option to install this firmware on my Squeezebox radio on this website.

How can i install manually the UE Smart Radio Firmware on my squeezebox radio?
    Do you really want to "upgrade" to UE Smart Radio? Most users of UE Radios probably convert them back to Squeezebox Radios.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

@toby10
    I do not have this button:

Name:  Screenshot 2021-01-29 124429.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  45.0 KB

@slartibartfast
    yes, i really want to try this firmware. I read about the people who want to go back, but i want to try it.

Is there any other way to upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by firemouz View Post
    Is there any other way to upgrade?
    If someone said this was a downgrade would you still want to do it?

One day mysqueezebox.com could go away as a service from Logitech - at which point, I presume, all UE Radios will stop working (for most if not all of their functionality).
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Upgrade SB Radio to UE Radio

You have to enable the feature on
    https://www.mysqueezebox.com/player/migration - then you should get the
    buttons for the individual players.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    You have to enable the feature on
    https://www.mysqueezebox.com/player/migration - then you should get the
    buttons for the individual players.
    It worked. Thank you very much.