Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
    I listen primarily to my own library so I don't think I would pay for unnecessary services
    • Version: 7.9.2 - 1562753347 @ Wed Jul 10 12:46:39 CEST 2019
    • Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    • Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    • IO::Socket::SSL: 2.060
    • Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Classic connected by Ethernet to FX Audio D802C amp and Sinclair bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

me, too.

The thing with mysqueezebox.com providing access to streaming services is that it's a proxy authentication service for music services with contracts with Logitech to allow Squeezebox access. A pay service attempting to provide that same service would be redundant unless it, too, had some sort of special agreement with these music services. At this point in time, unless your paid service were also available to many other platforms, it seems highly unlikely that any of the music services would care to deal with you. Without that type of agreement, authentication can either be done by a simple plugin, with no intermediary, or it can't be done at all.

I listen 90% of the time to my own music libray (10,000 FLAC files) and 10% of the time to BBC via one of the 3rd party plugins. I have never used mysqueezebox.com nor any other online service. I'm not interested in Spotify or anything like that.

Provided any repalcement could handle the above, I'd be happy.

My 2p....

Jim

I also just play local FLACs and don't use streaming services much except the BBC and occasionally other radio stations.

If I wanted to use one or more streaming services such as Qobuz, Spotify etc I'd have to pay for that anyway, well over ú100 per year each. I probably wouldn't want to pay much on top of that to get the services via LMS - maybe a small single yearly supplement, but only a few pounds/euros/dollars.... I might pay something, since LMS is so good, but not a lot.

However, I'm probably not typical
    LMS 7.9.2 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.