Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Catalogue of Albums / Music Files

Apologies if this question has been posted before, and I hope that I am posting in the correct forum.

I own a Duet, and am using the current version of LMS. I would like to create a catalogue of my albums / music files that I have on my hard drive. They are all FLAC files, predominantly classical, with some jazz and popular music. I would like to catalogue them with the final aim of producing a printout using a format such as Adobe or a simple spreadsheet. Does anyone know of a suitable free program that will accomplish this?

Thanks in anticipation of any assistance.

Regards,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_S View Post
    Apologies if this question has been posted before, and I hope that I am posting in the correct forum.

I own a Duet, and am using the current version of LMS. I would like to create a catalogue of my albums / music files that I have on my hard drive. They are all FLAC files, predominantly classical, with some jazz and popular music. I would like to catalogue them with the final aim of producing a printout using a format such as Adobe or a simple spreadsheet. Does anyone know of a suitable free program that will accomplish this?

Regards,
    Chris
    You may find this thread useful:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...-Now-Available
    Home: Win7Pro(x64)[3.3Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD system, 15TB storage], LMS 7.9.0 -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic -> NAD C160 -> 2 x NAD C272 -> Quad 22L2
    Portable: FreeNAS 9.3 [HP Microserver Gen8, 10GB RAM, 16GB flash boot, 120GB SSD for LMS 7.9.0 in FreeBSD jail, 5 x 4TB WD Red HD ZFS RAIDZ1] -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic: XLR out -> Soundmaster Diamond 12-2 mixing board -> P.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_S View Post

Regards,
    Chris
    I use the export function in Mp3tag to create a CSV ouput of my musical library then I format it in Excel. The program contains a few queries easily adaptables to yours personal needs. It's free and simple.

Thanks to both get.amped and boun01 for their responses and help.

I'll have a look at both approaches, since I already use Mp3tag to tag my files.

Regards,
    Chris