Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Squeezebox Radio & VPN?

Can Squeezebox Radio or any Squeezebox product (even any other network radio player) support a VPN client (OpenVPN would be nice)?

I want to be able to listen to Tokyo FM through SBR but radiko.jp (their streaming service) locks out any IPs from outside of Japan. On my desktop I go around this through VPN connection to Tokyo and it works perfectly fine but I don't want to be dependent on any of my computers being turned on just because I want to listen to some music/radio. Thus my quest for a network radio player but with that specific issue in mind. I'm going to be using NAS (Synology) to access my "regular" music collection so two step solution (SBR+NAS) is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by thurd View Post
    Can Squeezebox Radio or any Squeezebox product (even any other network radio player) support a VPN client (OpenVPN would be nice)?

I want to be able to listen to Tokyo FM through SBR but radiko.jp (their streaming service) locks out any IPs from outside of Japan. On my desktop I go around this through VPN connection to Tokyo and it works perfectly fine but I don't want to be dependent on any of my computers being turned on just because I want to listen to some music/radio. Thus my quest for a network radio player but with that specific issue in mind. I'm going to be using NAS (Synology) to access my "regular" music collection so two step solution (SBR+NAS) is possible.
    I think the easiest way to do this would be to use a vpn compatible router (dd-wrt) or to use a dns redirection service (like unblockus, but with Japanese redirection) on your router.
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------