Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I forgot to mention how this displays for me when playing... I can't say how it will display on your SB3, but on my Duet controller it scrolls "Song Title" on line 1 and "Album Artist", "Track Artist", "Album Title" on line 2.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.1.2 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.1.2 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

MrSinatra
    there shouldn't be only one master artist list. there should be artist and album artists, and all the other stuff, like compilations and so on...

but does anyone really think they are working on this software, or even care about basic function anymore?

vote for bug 15604 anyway, (see sig)

You may be right and they're not working on it. With my method of managing my music which I came up with long before I became a Squeezebox user I've found that Squeezebox server works just the same as my prior software. As a result I don't see a big need to put a lot of effort into changing the way it currently works. I know there are others that want to do different things with their libraries and want things changed. I wish you luck in getting your changes.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.1.2 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.1.2 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

MrSinatra
    i have found workarounds for my issues, but honestly the truth is the software flat out sucks, and the only reason i ever use it is when i want to use the HARDWARE. that isn't nearly as often as it used to be, and frankly i don't see a future for this stuff in the direction its currently going, which appears to be either nowhere or stopped. i see other solutions being more fun to use, more able, not to mention cheaper, and the only thing not easily replaced is syncing multiple boxes, but i almost never use that feature.

the things people are saying in this thread are things i've said for years, and now the server just looks and feels like some old DOS app. quaint and quirky, at best. thats like being the fat flat chested girl at the playboy mansion, where's the appeal? personality?