X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaLu
    • Jul 2012

Custom Browse/Images/Booklet

Hello,

i am looking for a way to browse my scanned booklets (yes, i'm crazy) in iPeng and Squeezepad. The individual pages are jpeg-files located in a subfolder of each album called 'booklet'. Before i start modifying a plugin (the gallery plugin might be close) i am wondering, if something like this could be achieved with custom browse or already exists:

- creating a list of images. The folder with images depends on the context menue of an album or the playing album
    - browse this list
    - display the selected image as large as possible

thank you for any hint or suggestion

MaLu
  • erland
    • Jan 2006

I don't think there is anything that works exactly as you want.

In Custom Browse it's possible to setup a new "header" item in Custom Browse settings of the type "Album image". This will make it possible to show all images in the same directory as the album. If you know how to write perl, you can try to create a patch for the Plugins::CustomBrowse::Plugin::albumImages method in Custom Browse so it's possible to specify an optional "subdirectory" to this method and then I can include that in the next Custom Browse version. I think it's possible to display these images also using iPeng by using the "Browse by selected" item in the context menus.

Another maybe easier option is to modify the "Song File Viewer" or "Files Viewer" plugins to accomplish it.
    Erland Lindmark (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

Comment

• netchord
      • Nov 2008

do you use iTunes? if so, there may be a way to do this w/ iTunes- i can walk you through it if relevant.
      --
      4 TB Drobo-->FW 800-->mac mini-->Ethernet
      Transporter--> Wireworld Eclipse 6 coax-->Meridian G61
      G61--> Nordost Red Dawn-->Primare 30.3
      Primare-->Ocos--Vienna Acoustics Beethoven/Maestro

Comment

• MaLu
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by erland
        I don't think there is anything that works exactly as you want.

In Custom Browse it's possible to setup a new "header" item in Custom Browse settings of the type "Album image". This will make it possible to show all images in the same directory as the album. If you know how to write perl, you can try to create a patch for the Plugins::CustomBrowse::Plugin::albumImages method in Custom Browse so it's possible to specify an optional "subdirectory" to this method and then I can include that in the next Custom Browse version. I think it's possible to display these images also using iPeng by using the "Browse by selected" item in the context menus.

Another maybe easier option is to modify the "Song File Viewer" or "Files Viewer" plugins to accomplish it.

Thank you, erland, and sorry for the late response. The header element "Album Image" is a good advice. I could move the images out of the subfolders into the album folders for using this feature. Unfortunately I have not been able to make it work inside of iPeng. I can see the images in the webinterface, though.

I have looked at the "Song File Viewer"-plugin before and had the impression, that it would be quite difficult to add all the image-handling (there is also some html scripting involved, isn't it?). So I felt modifying the "Gallery"-plugin, which works in iPeng and Squeezepad, to be easier. But I'm almost unexperienced in the plugin-development, yet.

Comment

• MaLu
          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by netchord
          do you use iTunes? if so, there may be a way to do this w/ iTunes- i can walk you through it if relevant.

Though I have an installation of iTunes for syncing the iPad, I normaly don't start it for listening to music. It's Squeezebox Touch/NAS/iPeng or Squeezepad what i am using at the moment.

Does your approach include links to images or pdf? I am wondering, if one can make use out of links in tags, which would refer to the corresponding files on the server.

Thank you.

Comment

• ralphpnj
            • Mar 2007

Try MUSO

Originally posted by MaLu
            Hello,

i am looking for a way to browse my scanned booklets (yes, i'm crazy) in iPeng and Squeezepad. The individual pages are jpeg-files located in a subfolder of each album called 'booklet'. Before i start modifying a plugin (the gallery plugin might be close) i am wondering, if something like this could be achieved with custom browse or already exists:

- creating a list of images. The folder with images depends on the context menue of an album or the playing album
            - browse this list
            - display the selected image as large as possible

thank you for any hint or suggestion

MaLu
            All I can say is "if only" since I would then overcome my aversion to Apple products and buy an iPad.

I know that using MUSO (http://klarita.net/muso.html) one can view the scanned images associated with a given recording. The only drawback is that MUSO is a windows based program, however it does work rather well on a laptop computer.
            Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. & sub
            Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
            Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Energy sub
            Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
            Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
            Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
            Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
            Server: LMS 7.9 on dedicated windows 10 computer w/2 Drobos
            Last.fm

Comment

Working...