Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5

    Custom Browse/Images/Booklet

    Hello,

    i am looking for a way to browse my scanned booklets (yes, i'm crazy) in iPeng and Squeezepad. The individual pages are jpeg-files located in a subfolder of each album called 'booklet'. Before i start modifying a plugin (the gallery plugin might be close) i am wondering, if something like this could be achieved with custom browse or already exists:

    - creating a list of images. The folder with images depends on the context menue of an album or the playing album
    - browse this list
    - display the selected image as large as possible

    thank you for any hint or suggestion

    MaLu

  2. #2
    Senior Member erland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    11,290
    I don't think there is anything that works exactly as you want.

    In Custom Browse it's possible to setup a new "header" item in Custom Browse settings of the type "Album image". This will make it possible to show all images in the same directory as the album. If you know how to write perl, you can try to create a patch for the Plugins::CustomBrowse::Plugin::albumImages method in Custom Browse so it's possible to specify an optional "subdirectory" to this method and then I can include that in the next Custom Browse version. I think it's possible to display these images also using iPeng by using the "Browse by selected" item in the context menus.

    Another maybe easier option is to modify the "Song File Viewer" or "Files Viewer" plugins to accomplish it.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets
    Starting with LMS 8.0 I no longer support my plugins/applets (see here for more information )

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    494
    do you use iTunes? if so, there may be a way to do this w/ iTunes- i can walk you through it if relevant.
    --
    4 TB Drobo-->FW 800-->mac mini-->Ethernet
    Transporter--> Wireworld Eclipse 6 coax-->Meridian G61
    G61--> Nordost Red Dawn-->Primare 30.3
    Primare-->Ocos--Vienna Acoustics Beethoven/Maestro

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    I don't think there is anything that works exactly as you want.

    In Custom Browse it's possible to setup a new "header" item in Custom Browse settings of the type "Album image". This will make it possible to show all images in the same directory as the album. If you know how to write perl, you can try to create a patch for the Plugins::CustomBrowse::Plugin::albumImages method in Custom Browse so it's possible to specify an optional "subdirectory" to this method and then I can include that in the next Custom Browse version. I think it's possible to display these images also using iPeng by using the "Browse by selected" item in the context menus.

    Another maybe easier option is to modify the "Song File Viewer" or "Files Viewer" plugins to accomplish it.

    Thank you, erland, and sorry for the late response. The header element "Album Image" is a good advice. I could move the images out of the subfolders into the album folders for using this feature. Unfortunately I have not been able to make it work inside of iPeng. I can see the images in the webinterface, though.

    I have looked at the "Song File Viewer"-plugin before and had the impression, that it would be quite difficult to add all the image-handling (there is also some html scripting involved, isn't it?). So I felt modifying the "Gallery"-plugin, which works in iPeng and Squeezepad, to be easier. But I'm almost unexperienced in the plugin-development, yet.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by netchord View Post
    do you use iTunes? if so, there may be a way to do this w/ iTunes- i can walk you through it if relevant.

    Though I have an installation of iTunes for syncing the iPad, I normaly don't start it for listening to music. It's Squeezebox Touch/NAS/iPeng or Squeezepad what i am using at the moment.

    Does your approach include links to images or pdf? I am wondering, if one can make use out of links in tags, which would refer to the corresponding files on the server.

    Thank you.

  6. #6
    Senior Member ralphpnj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern NJ, USA
    Posts
    2,675

    Try MUSO

    Quote Originally Posted by MaLu View Post
    Hello,

    i am looking for a way to browse my scanned booklets (yes, i'm crazy) in iPeng and Squeezepad. The individual pages are jpeg-files located in a subfolder of each album called 'booklet'. Before i start modifying a plugin (the gallery plugin might be close) i am wondering, if something like this could be achieved with custom browse or already exists:

    - creating a list of images. The folder with images depends on the context menue of an album or the playing album
    - browse this list
    - display the selected image as large as possible

    thank you for any hint or suggestion

    MaLu
    All I can say is "if only" since I would then overcome my aversion to Apple products and buy an iPad.

    I know that using MUSO (http://klarita.net/muso.html) one can view the scanned images associated with a given recording. The only drawback is that MUSO is a windows based program, however it does work rather well on a laptop computer.
    Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. & sub
    Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
    Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Energy sub
    Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
    Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
    Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
    Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
    Server: LMS 7.9 on dedicated windows 10 computer w/2 Drobos
    Last.fm

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •