Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Thanks for the idea but I did try that.

I also put one of my new secondhand cards into the Receiver and it worked straight away.
    Have you done all the usual resets incl Xilinx.

working WiFi card

just for the record, this here card works with a SB3:
    Name:  IMG_7946.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  89.9 KBName:  IMG_7947.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  87.0 KB
    Never mind the crud : )

Another successful repair

Sorry to revive an old thread, but the Aliexpress link above from w3wilkes is still valid and I am listening to my boom with this very card installed. Sorry as a first time poster I cannot link the URL.

The original card is stuck down with double sided tape and is hard to remove. I ended up using a plastic pry bar (carefully).
    After replacing the card and running the boom in pieces it worked perfectly. Once I assembled my Boom I received a missing WiFi card error.
    Disassembled and wiggled the new card around a bit to clean the contacts and stuck the new card in with double sided tape. So far so good.

While it was apart I scrubbed the sticky front panel, buttons and knob in Methylated spirits. From what I had read I was expecting to have to repaint the front panel, but the goopy layer was easy to remove and left a lovely satin black panel and a gloss black knob.

Matt

Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.2.0 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.2.0 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)