Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Set Volume on controller

On Duet controller go to "Settings" then "Audio Settings" then "Fixed Volume" set to 100% then push control button to activate.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemes View Post
    If anyone has any more suggestions regarding how to get the SbS to output sound volumes more closely matching other components (like my BluRay and CD players), then please forward them along.
    I can't help with the SbS, but whilst you are working on the SONY amp, see if it has settings for input gain on the socket you are using. I seem to recall that SONY adopted a higher line-in voltage than other manufacturers (perhaps 1V), resulting in non-SONY devices sounding quieter. My amplifier (QUAD 77) has input sensitivity adjustments, 100mV, 300mV and 775mV
    With the QUAD volume set to 20 (range: 0-32) and the SB Volume set to 100%, I can shake the foundations... (literally, I found the receipts for the underpinning, yesterday). If I can find the QUAD manual, I'll see what my input sensitivity is set to, but the default is 300mV.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftie View Post
    I can't help with the SbS, but whilst you are working on the SONY amp, see if it has settings for input gain on the socket you are using. I seem to recall that SONY adopted a higher line-in voltage than other manufacturers (perhaps 1V), resulting in non-SONY devices sounding quieter. My amplifier (QUAD 77) has input sensitivity adjustments, 100mV, 300mV and 775mV
    With the QUAD volume set to 20 (range: 0-32) and the SB Volume set to 100%, I can shake the foundations... (literally, I found the receipts for the underpinning, yesterday). If I can find the QUAD manual, I'll see what my input sensitivity is set to, but the default is 300mV.
    Duet is almost 2v as most squeezeboxes and most modern sources ?

However using replaygian and smart gain reduces volume with about -10dB on modern music turn this off .

Also how is it conected , if the amp has digital inputs I strongly sugest using those for best result toslink or spdiff , op is mentioning bluray etc and other digital sources.

The analog inputs on many ht reciever are a bit low just to make sure that no clipping occurs and the better ones have selectable input sensitivity (as described by Swiftie ) , but in 99% of the cases the analog in is converted to digital inside the reciever .
    So their really is no piont feeding a typical HT reciever an analog signal ,the inputs exist for legacy sources like your VHS and tape deck . So the result via analog in is suboptimal ,best case you hear no difference but SQ could suffer .

I would also argue the Quad has to high input sensitivity the are a bit 70's sometimes , but very good stuff peter walker was a hero ( in the els63 manuals there was mentioned that no special cables are needed , yes ! ).
    yes in 70's 0,5 v could be typical source output today it's closer to 2 volts ,but there is no real standard ( a pity imho, this is often used to the customers disadvantage , have you ever seen a sales rep adjust the volume when you compare sources ? )
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html