> playing.
    > I changed channels on the web remote and it lets me change channels at
    > will.

Please install LMS and connect to it, even if it's just to get a new
    firmware.

--

Michael
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• lateone
      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by mherger
      > Please install LMS and connect to it, even if it's just to get a new
      firmware.
      Hi Michael, thanks for helping out with my problem.
      I bought it home and plugged it into my home LMS and it logged right in and i was able to cycle thru all the tabs and everything looked like the setup on my other Squeezebox Classic, I could even get open and run the LMS control panel and open http://127.0.0.1:9000/

After a few hours I tried to connect it to the MSB and it still shows:
      "Squeezenetwork
      This player is disabled. Please contact mysqueezebox.com/support"

Using the web or smartphone remote controls allows me to play all my channels, but if I touch the remote I always get the disabled message for 30 seconds, but the audio continues.

Any Ideas?

Logitech Media Server Status
      Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.3 - 1375965195 @ Mon Aug 12 11:14:33 CUT 2013
      Hostname:
      Server IP Address: 192.168.1.10
      Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
      Operating system: Windows XP - EN - cp1252
      Platform Architecture: 586
      Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
      Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
      Total Players Recognized: 1

Player Model: Squeezebox Classic
      Firmware: 137
      Player IP Address: 192.168.1.19
      Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:**:**.**
      Wireless Signal Strength: 99%

Comment

• mherger
        Babelfish's Best Boy
        • Apr 2005

Proprietary SB3 Firmware "Turnkey MediaSolutions"

> Any Ideas?

> Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:**:**.**

Feel free to send me the numbers behind the asterisks to michael ät
        slimdevices dot com.

--

Michael
        Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

• dfred
          • Mar 2014

Newly registered forum user, but a very longtime Slim/Squeeze fan. I still have my original open-back SliMP3!

I'm posting because I also have apparently purchased one of these "Turnkey" SB3s on Ebay. I've set up quite a few SBs over the years and I was baffled when this new one was behaving so oddly. However I quickly noticed the strange 222 firmware rev and forced an update from my local LMS.

After the firmware "downgrade" things seemed okay... but digging into it further I ended up here, as several others have. I almost exclusively use LMS, but this new unit may eventually be going to a family member and I'm concerned about any issues related to the fact it was originally a Turnkey device.

Using firmware 137 I was able to associate the player with an MSB account and play Internet radio while connected via MSB. Is this a sufficient test to verify the MAC address isn't blacklisted in some subtle way as others have experienced? I still have a few days to return this device...

(BTW, thanks to the devs and other participants here for all the years of enjoyment I've gotten out of these great products.)
          Last edited by dfred; 2014-03-08, 13:21. Reason: typo

Comment

• garym
            • May 2008

Originally posted by dfred
            Newly registered forum user, but a very longtime Slim/Squeeze fan. I still have my original open-back SliMP3!

I'm posting because I also have apparently purchased one of these "Turnkey" SB3s on Ebay. I've set up quite a few SBs over the years and I was baffled when this new one was behaving so oddly. However I quickly noticed the strange 222 firmware rev and forced an update from my local LMS.

After the firmware "downgrade" things seemed okay... but digging into it further I ended up here, as several others have. I almost exclusively use LMS, but this new unit may eventually be going to a family member and I'm concerned about any issues related to the fact it was originally a Turnkey device.

Using firmware 137 I was able to associate the player with an MSB account and play Internet radio while connected via MSB. Is this a sufficient test to verify the MAC address isn't blacklisted in some subtle way as others have experienced? I still have a few days to return this device...

(BTW, thanks to the devs and other participants here for all the years of enjoyment I've gotten out of these great products.)
            with the firmware 137 installed and successfully playing radio from mysb.com, it all seems to be working fine. I can't think of any other test (or any subtle hidden problems that might happen later).
            Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
            Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
            Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
            The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
            Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
            Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• dfred
              • Mar 2014

Sounds good, thanks.

Comment

• mherger
                Babelfish's Best Boy
                • Apr 2005

Proprietary SB3 Firmware "Turnkey MediaSolutions"

> After the firmware "downgrade" things seemed okay... but digging into
                > it further I ended up here, as several others have. I almost
                > exclusively use LMS, but this new unit may eventually be going to a
                > family member and I'm concerned about any issues related to the fact it
                > was originally a Turnkey device.

Feel free to send the player's MAC address to michael ät slimdevices
                dott com. I'll double-check whether it's still registered as a
                "commercial" player on mysb.com or not.

--

Michael
                Michael

Comment

Working...