Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Squeezebox Radio Failing to Turn On!

Hi folks

I have an annoying problem with my beloved Squeezebox Radio which has rendered it completely unuseable.

I've noticed for a while now that, when I plug the main power in, it either doesn't charge the battery at all, or charges it for a short period then stops. Thereafter the device runs on battery power until virtually dead and then, if I am inhumanly persistent at plugging the mains power in, then out, and watching the screen, I can generally get it to charge up again, for a while.

This weekend it finally gave up the ghost and now I can neither charge the battery from mains power, or operate the unit without a battery directly from mains power. It doesn't want to work at all.

I've checked the mains power lead/charger with a volt meter and its definitely getting power but, for whatever reason, the Squeezebox Radio stubbornly refuses to see and power on.

Anyone come across this problem before? Any advice? If its not the main power cable, then it must be the device and I hesitate to take this apart. I was thinking of finding out if I bypass the power connector on the unit, and put power directly into the unit via croc clips it comes back to life, but I'm a little wary. But the lack of music & radio is driving me to distraction!

Thanks in advance for any help offered!

I've noticed exactly the the same thing recently. I always run from mains power when my Radio is used as a bedside alarm and one evening I noticed it had turned itself off and wouldn't restart. After unplugging and replugging a few times it finally started charging. I always check that the battery charging icon appears after plugging in now and the time taken for it to appear seems to vary. This affects both my Radios. The Radio does not seem to detect that the charger has been connected sometimes. This doesn't really help but it does show that it doesn't only affect your Radio.

It's not just me, then?

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I've noticed exactly the the same thing recently. I always run from mains power when my Radio is used as a bedside alarm and one evening I noticed it had turned itself off and wouldn't restart. After unplugging and replugging a few times it finally started charging. I always check that the battery charging icon appears after plugging in now and the time taken for it to appear seems to vary. This affects both my Radios. The Radio does not seem to detect that the charger has been connected sometimes. This doesn't really help but it does show that it doesn't only affect your Radio.
    Hi Slartibartfast (Douglas Adams has a lot to answer for...
    Thanks for this and good (maybe?) to hear its not just me.
    Out of interest, if you remove the battery (which is a pain) can you still power your Radio from the mains? Mine won't even power on with the battery removed.
    Ps Good jobs on the fjords, by the way. Wasn't that your handiwork?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Bass View Post
    Hi Slartibartfast (Douglas Adams has a lot to answer for...
    Thanks for this and good (maybe?) to hear its not just me.
    Out of interest, if you remove the battery (which is a pain) can you still power your Radio from the mains? Mine won't even power on with the battery removed.
    Ps Good jobs on the fjords, by the way. Wasn't that your handiwork?
    Mine recovered after a few repluggings IIRC so I didn't try with the battery removed. I wonder if a factory reset would work. Press the "More" button while plugging the Radio in. If that doesn't work try contacting Logitech Support. It does sound like a bug though so I will open a bug report and post the details here so you can vote for it.

I won awards for the Fjords you know!

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    don't forget to also VOTE on your own bug. That's not automatic.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0/4TB>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Same here

Just fyi; I do have exactly the same problem since a few weeks. I'll vote for your bug report.
    Hope it will be solved and it isn't a HW problem.

Send an issue to Logitec support Netherland. They suggested the external power supply was broke and although the Radio is out of warranty send me a new one for free. The issue is solved now. Great service from Logitec!

Verstuurd van mijn GT-N7000 met Tapatalk

Squeeze box radio doesnít turn on

Hi my squeezebox radio doesnít turn on I tested the power cable and itís delivering 18 volts so itís working. What can I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlospom View Post
    Hi my squeezebox radio doesnít turn on I tested the power cable and itís delivering 18 volts so itís working. What can I do?
    If it hasn't been powered on for a while (e.g. over a week) - leave it plugged in overnight and try again next day.