Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Volume control number changes, volume does not.

Hello

New to the community. I have three SQ3s v3 linked to a vortexbox-based server. Two are wireless, one is wired only.

I've recently moved my wired SQ3 to a new location and hooked up some headphones to it. It had previously been feeding a preamp as a line level input, so I had the volume set on max. When I tried it with the headphones, I found that the remote volume controls changes the volume setting on the player, but the actual volume stays the same. In other words, the apparent volume setting displayed will change up and down from muted to 100 and will stay at whatever setting I choose, but the actual volume remains the same - loud.

Does this sound like a hardware failure, some mysterious setting I don't know about, or ??? The remote works fine with my other players, so I'm pretty sure it's the player.

The other thing I've noticed is that every time I log in and out of mysqueezebox.com it updates the firmware. Is that normal behavior?

THX in advance for any feedback

BTW, I really love my SQ3s with the vortexbox server. Even my wife can figure out how to use it

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by PDXMike View Post
    ..... every time I log in and out of mysqueezebox.com it updates the firmware. Is that normal behavior? .......
    Yes, if your LMS server version is not the same as the MySB.com version (which is 7.7.2) this will happen.
    Your choices are:
    - update your LMS server to 7.7.2
    - don't switch to MySB.com
    - do switch to MySB.com and do the firmware update/downgrade every time

Have a look in the player settings ,you migth have "fixed volume" set.
    The volume slider still moves but does not do anything, this is a feature so that ir-blaster and similar plugins can intercept volume changes, even when fixed volume is selected.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Settings

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    The volume slider still moves but does not do anything, this is a feature so that ir-blaster and similar plugins can intercept volume changes, even when fixed volume is selected.
    I didn't see anything in settings on the player that allowed fixed volume. It would be under Audio, right? Are there additional settings available when I control it via musqueezebox.com?

Thanks

Settings

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    I didn't see anything in settings on the player that allowed fixed volume. It would be under Audio, right? Are there additional settings available when I control it via musqueezebox.com?

Thanks