Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

No sound playing Rhapsody (formerly Napster)

My Squeezebox Receiver is silent when streaming from Rhapsody. The LED goes bright white and I can see the playback progressing in iPeng and yet there is no sound. Pressing pause merely causes the progress indicator to go back to the beginning and it starts again (perhaps the next track). I have a SB Radio; Touch and importantly a Boom on which it works fine - am listening as I type!

The SB receiver plays tracks from my ReadyNAS fine and also streams radio (BBC) fine. I've tried restarting everything to no avail.

Any ideas or help would be great!

Thank you

Rich

I'd like to give this thread a bump. My mum experiences the exact same problem on her Duet connected to mysqueezebox.com. Napster / Rhapsody appears to stream, but there is no sound playing. Her Squeezebox Boom plays Napster / Rhapsody just fine.

Re-installing the Rhapsody app did not help, neither did restarting / hard-resetting the Duet.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
    Chris

Well I'm not sure what did it but after a factory reset (held down the receiver's button for 12 seconds until it flashed quickly) then connected it to my router and re-configured it using SqueezeConfig. I then hooked it back up to the amp and tried Rhapsody again. Now here's where I'm not entirely sure what went on because I'm sure I got the same behaviour of it appearing to play but delivering no sound. I then played something via the BBC app and tried Rhapsody again and lo and behold it worked. it remains to be seen if it continues to work but am happy for the time being!