Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Is your PC switched on and LMS running?
    If yes, if you right-click the LMS icon in the system tray and open the web control, do you see your players listed in the dropdown box top right?
    On the Android Logitech Controller app > Settings > Advanced > mysqueezebox.com - Log in, have you entered your email address and password?
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

On the Android Logitech Controller app > Settings > Advanced > mysqueezebox.com - Log in, have you entered your email address and password?
    Yes, it seems that I have. I just cleared the credentials and logged in again, no difference. It says it can't find any devices, but I can go back and still control my squeezeslave instance.

By the way, thank you very much for helping me sort this out.

Quote Originally Posted by skibler View Post
    Yes, it seems that I have. I just cleared the credentials and logged in again, no difference. It says it can't find any devices, but I can go back and still control my squeezeslave instance.

By the way, thank you very much for helping me sort this out.
    We've not got anywhere yet, and I'm nearly out of ideas.
    On your Android device, if you can control your Squeezeslave instance, on the Now Playing screen, at the top, is there a bar with your Squeezeslave instances name? What happens when you press that bar, is your other player not listed?
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)

We've not got anywhere yet, and I'm nearly out of ideas.
    On your Android device, if you can control your Squeezeslave instance, on the Now Playing screen, at the top, is there a bar with your Squeezeslave instances name? What happens when you press that bar, is your other player not listed?
    Yeah, when I click that I get the "Your player was not found" message. If I hit the back arrow it takes me back to controlling the squeezeslave.

Is the android app doing some sort of local network search to find players, is it asking mysqueezebox.com for local IP addresses/mac addresses to connect to, or something else entirely?

Yeah, when I click that I get the "Your player was not found" message. If I hit the back arrow it takes me back to controlling the squeezeslave.

Is the android app doing some sort of local network search to find players, is it asking mysqueezebox.com for local IP addresses/mac addresses to connect to, or something else entirely?
    From my limited knowledge of how this stuff works, I would say it's just looking on your local network for attached players. If your Classic is switched on and connected to LMS on your PC the app should find it.
    Can you control your Classic from the LMS web ui?

From my limited knowledge of how this stuff works, I would say it's just looking on your local network for attached players. If your Classic is switched on and connected to LMS on your PC the app should find it.
    Can you control your Classic from the LMS web ui?
    Yes I can. Everything else just works. Oh well :/

Yes I can. Everything else just works. Oh well :/
    Sorry it's not working for you. It's odd that if you tap that bar at the top it doesn't list your Squeezeslave instance.

I'd uninstall the app and re-install it from the app store, worth a try?

Also make sure the Android is connected to your WiFi, not your 3G/4G cell service. Seems like your Android is not connecting properly to your LMS server. I don't use such Apps so I have no idea how to navigate for both (WiFi & server selection).

The android is connected via wifi and on the same network as the players.

I had an unexpected breakthrough last night. My wife was using Pandora on the squeezebox classic, and I saw in the web interface that the player wass listed as being on mysqueezebox.com. It was then visible when I searched for players from the android device! The squeezeslave device, however, was not.

I am super confused by how this all works with regards to mysqueezebox.com etc. As soon as I started playing a local track it disappeared and the android can't find it again. It is only visible to the android controller when the player is set to be streaming from pandora.

Ahhh. It used to just work all the time!

The android is connected via wifi and on the same network as the players.

I had an unexpected breakthrough last night. My wife was using Pandora on the squeezebox classic, and I saw in the web interface that the player wass listed as being on mysqueezebox.com. It was then visible when I searched for players from the android device! The squeezeslave device, however, was not.

I am super confused by how this all works with regards to mysqueezebox.com etc. As soon as I started playing a local track it disappeared and the android can't find it again. It is only visible to the android controller when the player is set to be streaming from pandora.

Ahhh. It used to just work all the time!
    I've been doing a bit of messing with the Android app, and it seems a bit buggy when a player has been connected to LMS and then switched to mysqueezebox.com, and back again.

Try this: shut down the Android app. Using the Classic infra-red remote press and hold the left button for five seconds, you should be offered to connect to your PC (LMS), or mysqueezebox.com, connect to your PC (LMS). Start the Android app, does it find and list your Classic?