Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have a similar issue.

Everything within the private network is functioning normally, but mysqueezebox.com insists that I do not have any active players, as does the android squeezebox application.

If I provide an incorrect password for mysqueezebox.com account in the media server settings, it reports a bad password, and reports nothing when given the correct password.

Let me know if I can provide any more information to help get this sorted out!

Code:
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.2 - r33893 @ Wed Mar 14 06:31:06 MDT 2012
    Hostname: crudora.schiznet
    Server IP Address: 10.20.30.6
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: Red Hat - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.14.2 - x86_64-linux-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    Total Players Recognized: 2

Quote Originally Posted by skibler View Post
    I have a similar issue.

Everything within the private network is functioning normally, but mysqueezebox.com insists that I do not have any active players, as does the android squeezebox application.

If I provide an incorrect password for mysqueezebox.com account in the media server settings, it reports a bad password, and reports nothing when given the correct password.

Let me know if I can provide any more information to help get this sorted out!

Code:
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.2 - r33893 @ Wed Mar 14 06:31:06 MDT 2012
    Hostname: crudora.schiznet
    Server IP Address: 10.20.30.6
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: Red Hat - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.14.2 - x86_64-linux-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
    Total Players Recognized: 2
    How so do you have registred players ? they are normally not connected if they are connected to the local server , but should show at your account as registred .

Are these new players , where they originally registered to this account during setup ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Everything within the private network is functioning normally, but mysqueezebox.com insists that I do not have any active players, as does the android squeezebox application......
    This is correct. If your players are on LMS server they will correctly show as "not connected" on MySB.com

...... If I provide an incorrect password for mysqueezebox.com account in the media server settings, it reports a bad password, and reports nothing when given the correct password.........
    Also correct. It will say "invalid" as an error for an incorrect MySB.com login ID, it will say nothing (no error) if login info is correct and LMS can see MySB.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    How so do you have registred players ? they are normally not connected if they are connected to the local server , but should show at your account as registred .

Are these new players , where they originally registered to this account during setup ?
    It used to work, as far as I can tell. I have no idea when it stopped working, as checking mysqueezebox.com is not something I do regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    This is correct. If your players are on LMS server they will correctly show as "not connected" on MySB.com

Also correct. It will say "invalid" as an error for an incorrect MySB.com login ID, it will say nothing (no error) if login info is correct and LMS can see MySB.com

Sorry, I guess I don't understand how this is supposed to work. I was under the impression that if you log your server into mysqueezebox.com that it registers your players there, and then when using a program like the squeezebox android app you log into mysb.com and it finds/controls your players through there?

I suppose what I really want is the android app to work with my players again, however that can be made to happen!

Players being auto-registered to MySB.com via LMS server: Yes & No
    True with older players (or used to anyway), not true with newer players Touch & Radio. Newer players must be registered individually & independently

Android controlling players via MySB.com:
    Supposed to, but how you get that Android device onto MySB.com I have no idea.

Your Android & all players you wish to be controlled by Android must all be on the same server, either LMS on your computer or MySB.com online.

Sorry I am being slow about this.

The logitech squeezebox app on my phone used to be able to see my devices and control them. Now when it searches for devices it doesn't find any. Oddly, it is still able to control the last device it was connected to, so I still use it quite regularly.

It would be lovely to control my other devices though!

From a networking point of view, what specifically needs to be visible on the network for the app to function? It is controlling the devices through mysqueezebox.com? Does mysqueezebox.com give the local IP addresses of the devices to the app so it can find them, or what?

Again, is the Android & all players connected to the same server? Do you see all listed on the server? If using MySB.com online (not running a local LMS server on your computer) do they all say "Connected"? Are all players registered to the same MySB.com account?

I have one standard squeezebox (squeezebox classic?) and an instance of squeezeslave (running the LMS machine).

They are all connected to the LMS, in that they play music from it?

The LMS is connected to my mysqueezebox.com account.

I have one standard squeezebox (squeezebox classic?) and an instance of squeezeslave (running the LMS machine).

They are all connected to the LMS, in that they play music from it?

The LMS is connected to my mysqueezebox.com account.
    Is your PC switched on and LMS running?
    If yes, if you right-click the LMS icon in the system tray and open the web control, do you see your players listed in the dropdown box top right?
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Yep, all two of them!