Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 99 of 241 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    Do you know if the device is a usb2 uac 2 device or not? Unless its in uac2 mode and a high speed device then above 96k may be a problem - the logging messages should say the highest rate the dac supports.
    Triode,
    please pardon my ignorance, but how do I connect to it. I typed the IP address into my browser, but nothing came up. What would be the correct way to connect to the SBT.
    Thanks in advance
    Best regards
    André
    SB Touch (w/ EDO & Welborne PSU)>Resolution Audio Cantata Music Center>Gryphon Diablo>Evolution Acoustics MicroOne

Quote Originally Posted by reverendo View Post
    Triode,
    please pardon my ignorance, but how do I connect to it. I typed the IP address into my browser, but nothing came up. What would be the correct way to connect to the SBT.
    Thanks in advance
    Best regards
    André
    SSH via a terminal (or a suitable terminal app like putty for windows ) command line Linux . The exact location for the log I don't know (have not followed this in great detail ) some things gets logged in the messages file ,don't know if that applies to EDO .

First turn on the remote login in the Touch settings , figure how to use a terminal .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    SSH via a terminal (or a suitable terminal app like putty for windows ) command line Linux . The exact location for the log I don't know (have not followed this in great detail ) some things gets logged in the messages file ,don't know if that applies to EDO .

First turn on the remote login in the Touch settings , figure how to use a terminal .
    Thanks Mynb
    I have WinSCP, but I haven't used it in ages. Would you mind helping me out by saying which protocol, host name (IP?) and username I should use? I saw the IP and password info on the SBT, but am not sure as to where to use it.
    Thanks a lot
    André
    SB Touch (w/ EDO & Welborne PSU)>Resolution Audio Cantata Music Center>Gryphon Diablo>Evolution Acoustics MicroOne

Thanks Mynb
    I have WinSCP, but I haven't used it in ages. Would you mind helping me out by saying which protocol, host name (IP?) and username I should use? I saw the IP and password info on the SBT, but am not sure as to where to use it.
    Thanks a lot
    André
    SSH port 22 user is root default pass is 1234 .

On LInux or OSX you open a terminal and for example
    Code:
    $ ssh root@192.168.1.5
    The ip off the player is available in LMS info page
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.

SSH port 22 user is root default pass is 1234 .

On LInux or OSX you open a terminal and for example
    Code:
    $ ssh root@192.168.1.5
    The ip off the player is available in LMS info page
    d
    thank you very much.
    got this error message:
    "Command 'groups'
    failed with return code 127 and error message
    ."
    sorry to bother you and thanks for your help
    André

Which version of the server and player firmware are you using - sounds like it may not be 7.8? If so wav playback above 96k will playback slowly as the player thinks the player will default to playing back at the wrong speed.
    I'm using version 7.7.2

d
    thank you very much.
    got this error message:
    "Command 'groups'
    failed with return code 127 and error message
    ."
    sorry to bother you and thanks for your help
    André
    From winSCP or putty ? brute force turn of the firewall I have noticed that a squeezebox on wifi can take 2-3 attempts to respond to SSH , you did go to the setting on the Touch itself to enable remote access ? this is not on by default .

I'm however cluless to where the interesting logs re EDO are , but I assume some one else will provide that info or you find out by search on the forum.

My own hifi has no use for EDO no USB no 192k (and my server is SoX capable anyway ) I'm slumming it with an almost default Touch (turned of wifi and smb and some other stuff )

From winSCP or putty ? brute force turn of the firewall I have noticed that a squeezebox on wifi can take 2-3 attempts to respond to SSH , you did go to the setting on the Touch itself to enable remote access ? this is not on by default .

I'm however cluless to where the interesting logs re EDO are , but I assume some one else will provide that info or you find out by search on the forum.

My own hifi has no use for EDO no USB no 192k (and my server is SoX capable anyway ) I'm slumming it with an almost default Touch (turned of wifi and smb and some other stuff )
    Mnyb,
    thanks for your help. I got in, even after two error messages (127 and pwd), but I don't know where the log files are. I hope someone can point me to their location.
    regards
    André

Quote Originally Posted by Anton View Post
    I'm using version 7.7.2
    You will need to make sure you play files as flac to the player then to make > 96k sample rates work.

TacT RCS 2.2 and EDO

You will need to make sure you play files as flac to the player then to make > 96k sample rates work.
    Hi Triode

Firstly, thank you for your quick responses, and secondly, thanks a stack for the awesome utility!

I think I mentioned in my first thread that I was using FLAC predominantly/only. The hi-res files are also FLAC, purchased and downloaded from Linn. From your previous responses to other queries, I've ensured that in LMS the file-type for FLAC has the PCM option changed to FLAC. It appears that EDO isn't able to see the TacT RCS when I go into the advanced settings on the SBT, selecting the digital out option. I'm using coax, not optical. Do you think that I should perhaps update the firmware from 7.7.2 to 7.8 beta? I don't have any problems playing audio files up to 96 kHz or internet radio stations with low sampling rates; it's only files that are sampled at rates greater than 96 kHz these play slowly. I've been using Logitech's Squeezeboxes/Slimdevices for ages, plugged directly into the S/PDIF input of the RCS 2.2 without any problems, and now, after upgrading with the EDO firmware, the sound has improved so that my listening experience has benefited even more. Thank you, once again. I can happily listen to 44,1 kHz and hi-res files at up to 96 kHz, but would love to hear for myself if the higher resolutions sound even better, so I would really appreciate it if I can get my SBT to output the 192 kHz files and not down-sample them to 96 kHz and slow speed, as it's presently doing.