Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 52 of 238 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

S.B.Server

Thank you John. Updating the server has solved the problem. Much appreciated.

Mick

Re-install Problem

I was happily using EDO, then decided to give TT3 a try in addition. I found it too difficult to set up TT3 correctly, so I reset the factory settings, and re-installed EDO. Now however the Enhanced Digital Output warning does not appear at the top of the screen, and I've lost its functions. I have tried re-installing 7.7.2 and restoring factory settings prior to installing EDO, to no avail. Any tips to get everything working again? Could TT3 have messed up some permissions?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coco51 View Post
    I was happily using EDO, then decided to give TT3 a try in addition. I found it too difficult to set up TT3 correctly, so I reset the factory settings, and re-installed EDO. Now however the Enhanced Digital Output warning does not appear at the top of the screen, and I've lost its functions. I have tried re-installing 7.7.2 and restoring factory settings prior to installing EDO, to no avail. Any tips to get everything working again? Could TT3 have messed up some permissions?

Thanks
    No - a factory reset should get you back to the default state except the kernel. Have you done a firmware upgrade - if so do you have the auto kernel update feature of EDO enabled (settings > advanced > digital output > digtal output kernel update), otherwise you will need to do this manually.

Quote Originally Posted by rgro View Post
    In the EnhancedDigitalOutput.lua file, does it matter what name the alsaPlaybackDevice is called. The device is named "VLink" in some of the other files (I'm using the VLink II, so that's correct). The default name in the EnhancedDigitalOutput.lua file is "default". Should it be changed to VLink in that lua file or is the device name ignored???
    With EDO installed, the only values which matter are the settings in the file:
    /etc/squeezeplay/userpath/settings/EnhancedDigitalOutput.lua

These are changed by the EDO settings menus and you should not need to alter them. You should definately not change the applet's files themselves (i.e. other files with this name elsewhere in the file system) as this is the EDO code and any variables are exposed as settings which are stored in the above file.

All better now

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    No - a factory reset should get you back to the default state except the kernel. Have you done a firmware upgrade - if so do you have the auto kernel update feature of EDO enabled (settings > advanced > digital output > digtal output kernel update), otherwise you will need to do this manually.
    Thanks a million for your work and ongoing support, Triode. I have resolved the problem now. I think it was because I turned off mysqueezebox integration on the server, and then caused the player to become unregistered by resetting. This seemed to disrupt the applet installation (if that makes sense).

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    With EDO installed, the only values which matter are the settings in the file:
    /etc/squeezeplay/userpath/settings/EnhancedDigitalOutput.lua

These are changed by the EDO settings menus and you should not need to alter them. You should definately not change the applet's files themselves (i.e. other files with this name elsewhere in the file system) as this is the EDO code and any variables are exposed as settings which are stored in the above file.
    Thanks for answering my questions, Triode. Much appreciated.
    Rg

System information
    ------------------------
    Main: Vortexbox/Squeezelite > USB> Benchmark DAC2 D > LFD LE IV Signature amp > Revel Performa F208 speakers.

Home Theatre: Touch (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic 5.1, Touch FW 7.8.0-r16754.

LMS 7.9.0 - 0.71.20150313git1426153261 on a 1TB Micro Vortexbox Appliance, V 2.3.

Quote Originally Posted by SBGK View Post
    calibrating the sound against foobar2000 with jplay kernel output vs the edo mods + tt3.0 +sbgk (both using mf vlink 192) I think you need to have the bass of 0.5 and the detail of 0.6.

You could have something really special here, but as you cannot here any difference between 0.6 and 0.7 or the effect that large buffers have I don't think you are going to be able to progress.

Anyway, thanks for switching me to the mf vlink 192, I can power it with the 5v linear supply I bought for the touch and get audiophile performance with foobar2000 and jplay.
    Must apologise Triode, have found the solution to the high frequency problem.

I cut the screen on the usb cable connecting the Touch and the VLink 192, instant removal of issue I had been having with 0.7 + better bass. (note it was the screen and not any of the 4 wires) So there must be ground loop issues which were solved by doing this.

Hope others can make use of this hint.

Sound now better than ever.

Thanks again.

Anyone got this to work with a W4S DAC-2 or Burson Audio HA-160D

I have a W4S DAC-2 and a Burson Audio HA-160D. Just wondering if anyone has got the USB interface to work with either of these?
    Main: PS Audio P10 | Squeezebox Touch > W4S DAC2 > Woo Audio WA22 > Headphones | Monitors
    Bedroom: PS Audio PPP | Squeezebox Touch > Burson HA-160D > Headphones
    Headphones: LCD-2 | HD800 | D7000
    Monitors: K+H o300 with o810 sub

Did I miss the part where it says that USB hot plugging is now supported? Because it now works with my CDQ (both after rebooting the CDQ and replugging the cable).

GREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by cfv View Post
    Did I miss the part where it says that USB hot plugging is now supported? Because it now works with my CDQ (both after rebooting the CDQ and replugging the cable).

GREAT!
    Hot plug works as long as the DAC was on when you booted Touch and that you turn off/on or unplug replug the same dac. Unfortunately it won't support changing dac as the dac needs to be on at squeezeplay startup.