Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 41 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quad View Post
    Couldn't resist and bought the NAD M51 anyway.

Here is /var/log/messages with audio.codec, audio.output and audio.decode debugging enabled. There is no /proc/asound/N20/stream0, it fails earlier.

(Factory reset, EDO and experimental kernel installed)

According to NAD it should support newer Linux kernels.
    Please could you retry with the alternative kernel described on the Experiments thread? (link from post 358)

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    Please could you retry with the alternative kernel described on the Experiments thread? (link from post 358)
    The message.txt of my last post has been created with the alternative kernel #7. Sorry, I will put further postings in the experiments thread.
    Server/Storage: Synology DS412+ -> SSODS/LMS 7.9
    Living Room: Windows Server 2012 R2 (core) -> AudiophileOptimizer -> Squeezelite -> WDM-KS/HDMI -> NAD M51 -> Rowen Absolute MONO -> Quad 22L
    Sleeping Room: Radio
    Controller: iPad mini -> iPeng 7

Question re: Music

I'm having some trouble with this so any help would be much appreciated (and apologies if it is covered in the earlier 40 pages but I couldn't see anything in the pages that I went through).

I have a Music Hall DAC 25.3. connected to the Squeezebox using the optical out. I've installed the app and it does now seem to be able to play a 24/192 file, which it wasn't able to do before. So the app seems to be working.

I can play a 24/96 file through the DAC with no trouble at all but once I try to play the 24/192 file the DAC switches from optical to coaxial (which is hooked up to my Sonos). And it then doesn't allow me to switch back. The file continues to play on the Squeezebox but I can't play it through the DAC.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Denis

Quote Originally Posted by djcavanagh View Post
    I'm having some trouble with this so any help would be much appreciated (and apologies if it is covered in the earlier 40 pages but I couldn't see anything in the pages that I went through).

I have a Music Hall DAC 25.3. connected to the Squeezebox using the optical out. I've installed the app and it does now seem to be able to play a 24/192 file, which it wasn't able to do before. So the app seems to be working.

I can play a 24/96 file through the DAC with no trouble at all but once I try to play the 24/192 file the DAC switches from optical to coaxial (which is hooked up to my Sonos). And it then doesn't allow me to switch back. The file continues to play on the Squeezebox but I can't play it through the DAC.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Denis
    For 24/192 you should be using coax. Optical may misbehave over 96.

Switch them around.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Squeezelite->SOTM USB->Devialet 200->Focal 1028BE speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Flowerday View Post
    For 24/192 you should be using coax. Optical may misbehave over 96.

Switch them around.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    That has worked a treat. Thanks for the suggestion!

Denis

Triode, NAD C390DD works with edo applet

The NAD C390DD appears to work well with your applet as long as I use a usb hub as you mentioned for usb 1 audio. The C390DD doesn't do usb2 audio.

Couldn't resist and bought the NAD M51 anyway.

Here is /var/log/messages with audio.codec, audio.output and audio.decode debugging enabled. There is no /proc/asound/N20/stream0, it fails earlier.

(Factory reset, EDO and experimental kernel installed)

According to NAD it should support newer Linux kernels.
    Only just got to reading this - this section looks to be the problem:

Code:
    May 11 21:38:36 kernel: usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 2
    May 11 21:38:44 kernel: usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using fsl-ehci and address 3
    May 11 21:38:44 kernel: usb 1-1: configuration #1 chosen from 2 choices
    May 11 21:38:45 kernel: usbaudio: unit 51: unexpected type 0x09
    May 11 21:38:45 kernel: snd-usb-audio: probe of 1-1:1.0 failed with error -5
    Will look into this - but it probably means it need the kernel or the nad firmware to change...

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    Only just got to reading this - this section looks to be the problem:

Code:
    May 11 21:38:36 kernel: usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 2
    May 11 21:38:44 kernel: usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using fsl-ehci and address 3
    May 11 21:38:44 kernel: usb 1-1: configuration #1 chosen from 2 choices
    May 11 21:38:45 kernel: usbaudio: unit 51: unexpected type 0x09
    May 11 21:38:45 kernel: snd-usb-audio: probe of 1-1:1.0 failed with error -5
    Will look into this - but it probably means it need the kernel or the nad firmware to change...
    I found this http://www.xcore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1719. It seems that the NAD identifies itself as subtype 9 (UAC2_EXTENSION_UNIT_V2). The ALSA driver can't handle that. Any chance to make this happen? I know this might be a rather obscure issue...
    Server/Storage: Synology DS412+ -> SSODS/LMS 7.9
    Living Room: Windows Server 2012 R2 (core) -> AudiophileOptimizer -> Squeezelite -> WDM-KS/HDMI -> NAD M51 -> Rowen Absolute MONO -> Quad 22L
    Sleeping Room: Radio
    Controller: iPad mini -> iPeng 7

I found this http://www.xcore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1719. It seems that the NAD identifies itself as subtype 9 (UAC2_EXTENSION_UNIT_V2). The ALSA driver can't handle that. Any chance to make this happen? I know this might be a rather obscure issue...
    Yep - I think this is the reason - I can build a test kernel with this option ignored rather than erroring, but not sure what it will do... Worth trying though. Can you pm me an email address and we can discuss.

If you have access to NAD though - I would raise with them, as my reading of the kernel source code suggests I am using current code. Do they actually have it working with linux and if so specifically which linux builds?
    Last edited by Triode; 2012-05-12 at 02:50.

Please try kernel#8 - I believe this will ignore this option. I'm not sure what that means it will do, but we should at least get some different error messages!