Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 241 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Hi Triode, I finally got around to trying this, it works fine with all my USB DACs. Currently I don't have a DAC with 192 S/PDIF input so I can't test that.

The only issue I have is that it's kind of painful to switch between USB DACs. Once you gedt it working with say DAC A, you unplug power, plug in DAC B then plug power back in, but now you get an indefinite spinny saying DAC unconnected. You have to unplug power, plug in DAC A, plug in power, bring up settings, switch to an internal mode, unplug power, swap DACs, plug in power, go to settings, select new DAC. It's certainly doable but it takes a LOT of reboots! It would be really nice if the Unconnected DAC just went to the settings page and let you choose one of the current devices.

Other than that, great job!

John S.

Quote Originally Posted by HumanMedia View Post
    How do I check for underrun messages?
    Do they get echoed to the SBT console?
    You need to ssh into the touch and type dmseg - don't worry if you don't know what ssh is.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSwenson View Post
    The only issue I have is that it's kind of painful to switch between USB DACs. Once you gedt it working with say DAC A, you unplug power, plug in DAC B then plug power back in, but now you get an indefinite spinny saying DAC unconnected. You have to unplug power, plug in DAC A, plug in power, bring up settings, switch to an internal mode, unplug power, swap DACs, plug in power, go to settings, select new DAC. It's certainly doable but it takes a LOT of reboots! It would be really nice if the Unconnected DAC just went to the settings page and let you choose one of the current devices.
    When you get the spinny you can cancel it by touching the screen... The idea at present is as soon as you power up the previously selected dac that the box will reboot and use it. It needs to reboot as the jive binary only selects an output device at startup.

Anyway I was thinking of changing it slightly to provide better support for powering on and off the dac while touch is running (as used by one of the beta testers). I was assuming people would tend to have one dac, but would possibly want to power it on and off. So my plan was to remove the spinny and treat a non existent dac as actually present. This will mean more changes to jive_alsa which I think are viable but I've not tried yet. The limitation I have is being able to make changes to the jive_alsa binary but not jive itself.

Longer term if Logitech become interested then we can think about changes to the jive binary to allow swapping output devices while running. But that's not an option at present if we want full feature support.
    Last edited by Triode; 2012-04-09 at 01:29.

I noticed that there is a Remove option for the app in the app menu. Does this completely remove all files and restore the stock kernel?

I noticed that there is a Remove option for the app in the app menu. Does this completely remove all files and restore the stock kernel?
    No - do this and then a stock firmware update to remove the custom kernel - this will get you back to a standard installation.

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    You need to ssh into the touch and type dmseg - don't worry if you don't know what ssh is.
    Will do. Note that after a reboot there is a message on the final line, don't know if it is related to the app or not

CMD_RESP: cmd 0x801f error, result=0x1

But when the playback starts dropping out again I will check then.

Note that I think it may occur at a random period after I have selected a 176khz file (which my version of my DAC is known to have troubles with and doesn't play) and then Ive selected a 192 kHz files at sometime after that.

I will try and get a repeatable pattern.

Will the custom kernel be "overwritten" by the additional installation of TT3 and set off 192khz option or only some priorities replaced?

Anybody already tried?

Will this work with the USB on the Young DAC ?

Is it my imagination or does the audio quality sound better with this app, even on even lower sampling rates (44.1, 48, 88.2, 96) than the stock SBT?
    Could this be the case?
    That's what I found but I wanted someone to confirm it before I posted. I installed it over TT3.0 without any problems. The combination sounds brilliant to me.

I'm having some trouble. My firmware is 7.7.2; the app appeared to install correctly following all the steps outlined. Under audio settings it is now "digital output only". Under "My Apps" it says there is nothing installed, but in App Gallery it says it is installed. I go coax out to an external DAC which supports 24/192, but when I try to play my 24/192 WAV files the DAC says 44.1 and the file plays back like a 192 file using a 44.1 sampling rate (i.e. very very slow).