Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 270 of 270 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 2700
    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Without regard to your hearing, the difference between a well implemented S/PDIF and USB connection would not even rise to level of subtle.
    I can't argue with that. garym, I've gotten lots of help from you and many of the "old timers" on this board. Many thanks.

However, I do have to disagree with the importance of being able to "hear" the difference. You KNOW it's not about "how it sounds" but rather, is it the "best" available. LOL. Good seeing you here again after all this time.
    LMS 8.1 > microRendu > Schiit Gungnir multibit dac (USB) > The Truth pre-amp > Nelson Pass J2 power amp > Horned Heil speakers

Quote Originally Posted by pierrepfeffer View Post
    I can't argue with that. garym, I've gotten lots of help from you and many of the "old timers" on this board. Many thanks.

However, I do have to disagree with the importance of being able to "hear" the difference. You KNOW it's not about "how it sounds" but rather, is it the "best" available. LOL. Good seeing you here again after all this time.
    Seeking the best is a good goal of course, but at some point (for some people) the "seeking" takes over from the enjoyment of having reached "really good". As they say, don't let the "perfect" be the enemy of the good. On the other hand, I have some friends that say, "I'll quit looking for better when they close the lid on my coffin.". Take care and enjoy! /Gary
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Has anyone used Starting point systems DAC 3 successfully with the touch?

I tried it keeps restarting when I select DIGITAL out in the settings. Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blackscorpio View Post

I tried it keeps restarting when I select DIGITAL out in the settings. Am I doing something wrong?

I think it does restart when you change the output setting.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I think it does restart when you change the output setting.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    It's keeps restarting in a loop

It's keeps restarting in a loop

Use the coaxial SPDIF
    Chris :)

I only have my own experience with my Gungnir and my Modi DACs to draw upon, but FWIW ... if you are trying to use USB, you should see your specific DAC listed as an option on the Touch screen. I.E. - digital AND analogue AND Starting Point DAC 3. If your DAC isn't listed as an option on the Touch screen, then it probably isn't going to work - at least not on USB. Even if you do see it listed, it may not play which is what I faced with my Gungnir. If you have Coax s/pdif available as DAC inputs, then the Touch EDO may work using digital out. It did with my Gungnir.

As was mentioned earlier, the Touch does reboot every time you change output.

One final observation based on my experience. The original Touch will play (up to) 96/24 files without EDO. It will convert it to analogue output (internal DAC), or output it digitally by way of Coax or Optical. The EDO app provides TWO enhancements to the Touch. One, it enables digital output of up to 192/24, and Two it adds USB as another output.
    Last edited by pierrepfeffer; 2021-01-11 at 12:10.
    LMS 8.1 > microRendu > Schiit Gungnir multibit dac (USB) > The Truth pre-amp > Nelson Pass J2 power amp > Horned Heil speakers

Curious if anyone has had success connecting a Denafrips DAC via USB? First attempt didnĺt work, but I think I have a powered hub somewhere to try.

Has someone borked the spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...KCn8k54uhqYKQ/ ?

Need to go back to the version from 30th Jan for the models to match the manufacturers, not sure what other data is wrong atm as well.
    Synology 918+ running lmscommunity Docker container -> SB Touch w. EDO -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital, 1 x Boom, 2 x Radio, 2 x RPi with Pi-DAC+ hats.

Hi redtom

I see you're right. For example the Bel Canto 2Qute dac ... (the 2Qute is a Chord), and also the Benchmark 'mytek' dac is new to me :-?.

P.S. I tried the RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS and it didn't work. Probably needs a USB-hub between (not tested).

/Claus