Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 269 of 270 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270 LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 2697
    Quote Originally Posted by aatr54 View Post
    Hi there, I'm new and just got my Rpi4B today. Got it set up and ready for streaming and is working now. I am trying to stream Tidal to my MQA-capable DAC but whenever I try to load up some MQA files, the bit rate on my DAC display does not change and is stuck at 44.1 khz. What setting do I need to toggle to get the DAC to decode the MQA properly?
    LMS does not play MQA

Quote Originally Posted by pierrepfeffer View Post
    Have I upgraded myself out of compatibility with the my Touch? I have no real interest in upgrading my streamer, but do want to use the edo usb output. Any suggestions, or do I simply have an incompatible usb in my dac? I'm running latest LMS 8.1 and latest firmware on touch.
    Most likely, I would guess, and the user base on this forum for the same device as yourself is likely small.

So what platforms does your Unison USB input support?

Actually, the question should be “What platforms support your Unison USB input?” since our Unison USB input is 100% UAC2 compliant (that is, USB Audio Class 2, the accepted standard for USB audio transmission.) So, here you go:

• Linux. As in, most popular streamers, from the Sonore MicroRendu to the Salk Streamer. Note “most.” Also most Linux distros that support UAC2 natively will be plug and play. Please note that we cannot provide detailed technical support for Linux.
    ronnie

Have you tried any workarounds, auch as using a usb hub between the Touch and dac (powered and unpowered). does the dac have a co-ax input tha you could use?

Quote Originally Posted by aatr54 View Post
    Hi there, I'm new and just got my Rpi4B today. Got it set up and ready for streaming and is working now. I am trying to stream Tidal to my MQA-capable DAC but whenever I try to load up some MQA files, the bit rate on my DAC display does not change and is stuck at 44.1 khz. What setting do I need to toggle to get the DAC to decode the MQA properly?
    You should probably start a new thread for this question (title it something like "Tidal and MQA files playing through LMS". It has nothing to do with the EDO app (the title of this thread). LMS won't decode MQA, but I recall seeing some posts that reported that the MQA Tidal files were passed through to the MQA capable DACs and "turned on the blue light" showing that MQA was recognized. Can't find these posts at the moment, but google a bit and you may find them.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0/4TB>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Most likely, I would guess, and the user base on this forum for the same device as yourself is likely small.

ronnie

Have you tried any workarounds, auch as using a usb hub between the Touch and dac (powered and unpowered). does the dac have a co-ax input tha you could use?
    Thanks for your thoughts on this. I will try the usb hub workaround to see if that fixes issue, and will update here and on spreadsheet once I get that done. I just moved so finding the hubs will take some time. In the meantime i'm using the coax in.

Thanks again.
    LMS 8.1 > microRendu > Schiit Gungnir multibit dac (USB) > The Truth pre-amp > Nelson Pass J2 power amp > Horned Heil speakers

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I will try the usb hub workaround to see if that fixes issue, and will update here and on spreadsheet once I get that done. I just moved so finding the hubs will take some time. In the meantime i'm using the coax in.

Thanks again.
    External non-powered hub does not work with new Schiit Gungnir Unison USB upgrade. Still looking for my powered hub to give that a try.
    LMS 8.1 > microRendu > Schiit Gungnir multibit dac (USB) > The Truth pre-amp > Nelson Pass J2 power amp > Horned Heil speakers

Have I upgraded myself out of compatibility with the my Touch? I have no real interest in upgrading my streamer, but do want to use the edo usb output. Any suggestions, or do I simply have an incompatible usb in my dac? I'm running latest LMS 8.1 and latest firmware on touch.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. My next move probably is to buy a micro rendu, but I'd REALLY rather keep using the Touch.
    What are you playing through to the DAC that demands that it goes over USB?
    The S/PDIF coax out of the Touch is not flaky in the slightest, and supports 24/192 natively with the EDO applet installed.
    What advantage does USB give you?
    Chris :)

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    What are you playing through to the DAC that demands that it goes over USB?
    The S/PDIF coax out of the Touch is not flaky in the slightest, and supports 24/192 natively with the EDO applet installed.
    What advantage does USB give you?
    Hey Chris, you're right of course. It's what I'm doing right now. I have assumed that USB was "technically" superior to s/pdif. Of course, over 50 years of motor cycle riding probably precludes my ever hearing any subtle difference, even if there were one. Just annoyed I've invested in a USB upgrade of cosmic proportion (LOL) and can't make it work. Not sure what I'll do going forward.

Hey Chris, you're right of course. It's what I'm doing right now. I have assumed that USB was "technically" superior to s/pdif. Of course, over 50 years of motor cycle riding probably precludes my ever hearing any subtle difference, even if there were one. Just annoyed I've invested in a USB upgrade of cosmic proportion (LOL) and can't make it work. Not sure what I'll do going forward.
    It wouldn't cost a lot to try a piCorePlayer USB out to your DAC.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I have assumed that USB was "technically" superior to s/pdif. Of course, over 50 years of motor cycle riding probably precludes my ever hearing any subtle difference, even if there were one.
    Without regard to your hearing, the difference between a well implemented S/PDIF and USB connection would not even rise to level of subtle.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0/4TB>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    It wouldn't cost a lot to try a piCorePlayer USB out to your DAC.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Yes ... I've been perusing other threads for those kinds of options. Didn't want to pollute this thread with "alternatives" discussion, but yes - I'm looking in that direction. Thanks.