Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 268 of 270 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270 LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,680 of 2697
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Well iI have tried downloading the kernel update (did not expect that work,obvs)

and connected the SBTouch via passive usb hub; that did not work.

Replaced the Touch with a rpi3b+ running pCP v 6.1.0 squeezelite and that worked without a problem.

Remember the EDO is not guarenteed to work with all dacs and as there is no developement of the Applet, it is what it is

ronnie
    OK, now I have tried my picoreplayer running pCP 7 and that just works at all sample rates and DSD. I have picoreplayer connected to USB and the Touch connected to Coax and switching between them I can't tell the difference.
    DSD works on WiFi on the picoreplayer.
    So do I use the Touch on coax or the pCP on USB or synchronise them and use the Touch as a now playing screen?
    Did you really have your DAC switching between sample rates when using USB from the Touch?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    So do I use the Touch on coax or the pCP on USB or synchronise them and use the Touch as a now playing screen?

you can use the now playing screen without syncing

Did you really have your DAC switching between sample rates when using USB from the Touch?

This might have been the problem I experienced when I first got the Topping, I can't remember if I was using the Touch or not

ronnie

ronnie
    I was just about to ask how to use the now playing screen but realised I could switch player on the Touch. For some reason the VU meters don't work when I do that.

You will only have the VU meters when it is running on the same machine as it is controlling - it uses shared memory with Squeezelite to achieve it.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    You will only have the VU meters when it is running on the same machine as it is controlling - it uses shared memory with Squeezelite to achieve it.
    I suspected that was the case. So the only way to have the Touch act as a VU meter for another player is to synchronise the players.

ronnie
    Would you believe the Topping remote control does strange things to my Virginmedia box? You couldn't make it up

Hi Thomas

apparently the device uses the xmos usb chip, so there is a good chance that it may be recognised by the Squeezebox Touch.

As always, "buyer beware", make sure thta you can return the device if it does not work (maybe check with the sellerbefore purchase for compatability and your right to return).

All the best

ronnie

And welcome to the forum
    I have received the Xduoo XD-05 plus and it works on USB with my Squeezebox Touch (also with my android phone and my Ibasso DX90), perfect !

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasl47 View Post
    I have received the Xduoo XD-05 plus and it works on USB with my Squeezebox Touch (also with my android phone and my Ibasso DX90), perfect !
    Good to hear

When you have had a little more use from it, would please consider adding the info to the list, over here (when you have the time)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...YKQ/edit#gid=0

ronnie

Gunginer new unison usb doesn't seem to work with the touch + edo

My usb 5 on the schiit gungnir failed, so while having it repaired I decided to upgrade to the new unison usb. First time with new usb installed the touch booted, saw the gunginer, and then rebooted as per normal but no music. Clicked on the digital gungnir output and it said dac status was "stopped." Did a factory reset, reinstalled edo, and now the gungnir is again recognized and clicking on the digital output for the gunginer shows the dac is "running" - but still no sound.

Have I upgraded myself out of compatibility with the my Touch? I have no real interest in upgrading my streamer, but do want to use the edo usb output. Any suggestions, or do I simply have an incompatible usb in my dac? I'm running latest LMS 8.1 and latest firmware on touch.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. My next move probably is to buy a micro rendu, but I'd REALLY rather keep using the Touch.
    Last edited by pierrepfeffer; 2020-12-25 at 20:25.
    LMS 8.1 > microRendu > Schiit Gungnir multibit dac (USB) > The Truth pre-amp > Nelson Pass J2 power amp > Horned Heil speakers

Bit Rate on DAC stuck

Hi there, I'm new and just got my Rpi4B today. Got it set up and ready for streaming and is working now. I am trying to stream Tidal to my MQA-capable DAC but whenever I try to load up some MQA files, the bit rate on my DAC display does not change and is stuck at 44.1 khz. What setting do I need to toggle to get the DAC to decode the MQA properly?