Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 267 of 270 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 2697
    So is your pathway

LMS (which version) on rpi (pCP which version) > SBTouch with EDO > Topping dac via usb.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    So is your pathway

LMS (which version) on rpi (pCP which version) > SBTouch with EDO > Topping dac via usb.
    LMS 8.0.0-1605106581
    RPi Buster desktop
    SB Touch with EDO
    USB to Topping E30

I posted on the audio science review forum but it seems nobody bothers to reply there unless you are one of their clique.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

So (still on usb) I changed the pcp 7 beta to lMS v 8.0.0 and nothing would play

[QUOTE][20-11-12 12:07:22.7591] Slim::Player::Song:pen (413) Error: Couldn't create command line for dff playback for [file:///mnt/Squeezebox/Squeezebox/Orchestral/2L-038_stereo_01_01.dff]
    [20-11-12 12:08:27.3586] Slim::Player::Song:pen (413) Error: Couldn't create command line for dff playback for [file:///mnt/Squeezebox/Squeezebox/Orchestral/2L-038_stereo_01_01.dff]
    [20-11-12 12:09:49.5060] Slim::Player::Song:pen (413) Error: Couldn't create command line for dsf playback for [file:///mnt/Squeezebox/Squeezebox/Orchestral/2L-139_stereo_DSF_5644k_1b_01.dsf]
    [20-11-12 12:10:00.9911] Slim::Player::Song:pen (413) Error: Couldn't create command line for dsf playback for [file:///mnt/Squeezebox/Squeezebox/Orchestral/2L-139_stereo_DSF_5644k_1b_01.dsf]/QUOTE]

But on this setup I don't have pcp dsdplay installed, as it is missing from the extension list (I guess i can do a manual install, but can't be arsed at the mo)

Name:  nopcp-dsdplay.png
Views: 175
Size:  107.4 KB

Switched the SBT to another pCP running

[QUOTE][Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.4 - 1603273368 @ Thu Oct 22 04:21:56 CEST 2020/QUOTE]

and PlayDSD setup like so

Name:  pcpdsdsbtouch.png
Views: 163
Size:  39.6 KB

Plays like yours with buffering, so I connected an ethernet cable, re-installed EDO and nothing would play.

So I pulled the plug on the Topping, put it back in to the power strip and it sprang to life.
    (this may sort your problem with the dac)

Still connect with usb, started with BBC Radio 2, switched to DSD and the files played without any buffering.

Changed to play a a Willie Nelson rip and got no sound, did the input switch and music played

I'm puzzled as when i play the Topping direct from a pi I do not have this promlem (although I did at first)

ronnie

off for a walk and lunch

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    LMS 8.0.0-1605106581
    RPi Buster desktop
    SB Touch with EDO
    USB to Topping E30

I posted on the audio science review forum but it seems nobody bothers to reply there unless you are one of their clique.

Oh, OK

If you connect the topping direct to the Buster rpi and select it as main output (top right hand corner, left or right click on volume)

The open the browser and play from fip radio, bbc sounds (and the listen again from the schedules) and radio paradise does it function correctly ?

[QUOTE=Man in a van;994330]So (still on usb) I changed the pcp 7 beta to lMS v 8.0.0 and nothing would play

[QUOTE][20-11-12 12:07:22.7591] Slim::Player::Song:pen (413) Error: Couldn't create command line for dff playback for [file:///mnt/Squeezebox/Squeezebox/Orchestral/2L-038_stereo_01_01.dff]
    [20-11-12 12:08:27.3586] Slim::Player::Song:pen (413) Error: Couldn't create command line for dff playback for [file:///mnt/Squeezebox/Squeezebox/Orchestral/2L-038_stereo_01_01.dff]
    [20-11-12 12:09:49.5060] Slim::Player::Song:pen (413) Error: Couldn't create command line for dsf playback for [file:///mnt/Squeezebox/Squeezebox/Orchestral/2L-139_stereo_DSF_5644k_1b_01.dsf]
    [20-11-12 12:10:00.9911] Slim::Player::Song:pen (413) Error: Couldn't create command line for dsf playback for [file:///mnt/Squeezebox/Squeezebox/Orchestral/2L-139_stereo_DSF_5644k_1b_01.dsf]/QUOTE]

But on this setup I don't have pcp dsdplay installed, as it is missing from the extension list (I guess i can do a manual install, but can't be arsed at the mo)

Name:  nopcp-dsdplay.png
Views: 175
Size:  107.4 KB

Switched the SBT to another pCP running

[Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.4 - 1603273368 @ Thu Oct 22 04:21:56 CEST 2020/QUOTE]

and PlayDSD setup like so

Name:  pcpdsdsbtouch.png
Views: 163
Size:  39.6 KB

Plays like yours with buffering, so I connected an ethernet cable, re-installed EDO and nothing would play.

So I pulled the plug on the Topping, put it back in to the power strip and it sprang to life.
    (this may sort your problem with the dac)

Still connect with usb, started with BBC Radio 2, switched to DSD and the files played without any buffering.

Changed to play a a Willie Nelson rip and got no sound, did the input switch and music played

I'm puzzled as when i play the Topping direct from a pi I do not have this promlem (although I did at first)

ronnie

off for a walk and lunch
    I am keen to learn how you fix the sample rate issue. I have a pcp7 player to try when I get a round tuit.

Oh, OK

If you connect the topping direct to the Buster rpi and select it as main output (top right hand corner, left or right click on volume)

The open the browser and play from fip radio, bbc sounds (and the listen again from the schedules) and radio paradise does it function correctly ?
    I don't have squeezelite on the Pi4. I have a another Pi3B with pcp7 to try.

I don't have squeezelite on the Pi4. I have a another Pi3B with pcp7 to try.

You don't need squeezelite, if you select the Topping as default output it should play.

Connect the topping and the reboot

Select it as output

Reboot again

Open web browser search for fip radio and it should play

ronnie who is definately gone now

the idea is to check if works corectly, then try it direct to a pi with squeezelite

You don't need squeezelite, if you select the Topping as default output it should play.

Connect the topping and the reboot

Select it as output

Reboot again

Open web browser search for fip radio and it should play

ronnie who is definately gone now

the idea is to check if works corectly, then try it direct to a pi with squeezelite
    I have never used a web browser on the Pi and there is no screen attached.

I have never used a web browser on the Pi and there is no screen attached.

Well if you ssh into the pi, use raspi-config to activate VNC server

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/remote-access/vnc/

and then on your somputer desktop install the free viewer for the OS it uses.

https://www.realvnc.com/en/connect/download/viewer/

Well iI have tried downloading the kernel update (did not expect that work,obvs)

and connected the SBTouch via passive usb hub; that did not work.

Replaced the Touch with a rpi3b+ running pCP v 6.1.0 squeezelite and that worked without a problem.

Remember the EDO is not guarenteed to work with all dacs and as there is no developement of the Applet, it is what it is

ronnie