Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 265 of 270 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 2697
    Hello !

Excuse me but I don't speak a really good english so it's difficult for me to read the thread but I want to know if xDuoo XD-05 Plus (https://www.xduoo.net/product/xduoo-xd-05-plus/) can work on USB with the squeezebox touch ? I don't see xDuoo products on the list so I'm not sure... Thanks !

Thomas

Hi Thomas

apparently the device uses the xmos usb chip, so there is a good chance that it may be recognised by the Squeezebox Touch.

As always, "buyer beware", make sure thta you can return the device if it does not work (maybe check with the sellerbefore purchase for compatability and your right to return).

All the best

ronnie

And welcome to the forum

I understood there had been updates to the applet but my version downloaded recently is version 0.1. What happened to later versions?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I understood there had been updates to the applet but my version downloaded recently is version 0.1. What happened to later versions?

What you get is what you get.

I think there are missing versions (tweaked for specific problems / dacs) somewhere in the ether, I seem to remember Ralphy making an appeal for copies.

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post

I think there are missing versions (tweaked for specific problems / dacs) somewhere in the ether, I seem to remember Ralphy making an appeal for copies.

ronnie
    It went up to at least 0.7 or 0.8. Is yours on 0.1? My new DAC should arrive today so I can try it out . I also built a piCoreplayer to compare with it.

ronnie
    Actually thinking about it the available version is 0.10 which is likely the version after 0.9. Doh!!

It went up to at least 0.7 or 0.8. Is yours on 0.1? My new DAC should arrive today so I can try it out . I also built a piCoreplayer to compare with it.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post964602

Hi Thomas

apparently the device uses the xmos usb chip, so there is a good chance that it may be recognised by the Squeezebox Touch.

As always, "buyer beware", make sure thta you can return the device if it does not work (maybe check with the sellerbefore purchase for compatability and your right to return).

All the best

ronnie

And welcome to the forum
    Thanks for your answer. So I will try and I will come back to say if it's good or not

Ah, well that was a combination of PBKAC and poor user instructions from Topping (or given the first reason, maybe the second was also confusion in my mind).

I simply failed to comprehend the setup instructions.

I can now flip between internet streaming, playing a music file and then a podcast sequentially on the usb input without any fannying around with the remote (hangs head in shame and shuffles off, stage left ).

ronnie

optical input now has a TV connected and the co-ax is using a Sonos Connect as source.
    I am having the same issue. Changing bit rate kills the sound. I can't see what I am doing wrong.

Edit. Interestingly muting and then unmuting the DAC restores the sound as well as switching inputs.

Last edited by slartibartfast; 2020-11-11 at 13:39.

I am having the same issue. Changing bit rate kills the sound. I can't see what I am doing wrong.

Edit. Interestingly muting and then unmuting the DAC restores the sound as well as switching inputs.

Well I typed this before seeing your edit

Try this choose DAC output

play a streaming radio station

then start playing a stored music file

if the sound disappears flick the > and then < arrows on the remote

does the sound return ?

If not, cycle through all the inputs

It's too late to start messing now, but I can phone you tomorrow if you like

ronnie

another trick, whilst playing is to select the headphone output and then chang back to the line output (but your remote, although much the same as mine, has some buttons disabled).