Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 258 of 270 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 2697
    Quote Originally Posted by wojarek View Post
    I solved the problem. The reason was a damaged USB interface in the SBT. After repair, my L.K.S. mh-004 (deviece: AMR 386 combo) works well with SBT. The soynd differences compared to SotM are imperceptible.
    I'm pleased that you managed to get your problem sorted out.

I keep hearing reports of alternative rendering devices "kicking the SBT into the weeds", and I've suspected that much of it is hyperbole.
    Your comment confirms that.
    Thanks for letting us know
    Chris :)

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I have a DX3 pro which uses the same USB XMOS XU208 Interface.

I have just connected it to the SBT and it is working.

It was a bit of a faff to get it to work properly, the device manual is a poor read and the software clunky.

First set the software for the device into DAC mode.

Connected the SBT and Topping together, started playback....no sound.

Cycled through the inputs, back to USB and got sound, but this was still controled by the volume knob.

Checked that dac setting was default ...it was.

Started playback again ....music but still controlled by the volume knob.

I used the remote control to cycle between headphones and line-out and the dac set itself into the correct output mode...correct bit rate on the screen instead of the volume setting.

I changed from fip radio to Radio Paradise and the music disappeared.

Likewise with BBC Radio 3, Spotify, Tidal and back to fip, each time the bit rate changed on the display.. but no music.

Got the music to play by resetting the output using the remote, just flipping from usb to the next and then back.

Radio Paradise a bit reluctant but eventually I got it to function.

Seems like a software glitch in the Topping

I have been using mine as a usb dac into a pre-amp and also as a pre-amp into power amplifiers with none of the same problems.

Quite like it, especially the price! (sad comment on the state of things really......sigh)

ronnie

Edit, the SBT was connected by wireless

Forgot to add; Remember to set the Player Volume Contol to 100% in the Audio Settings of LMS

Just swapped out the SBT for a rpi3b running piCorePlayer using Squeezelite.

Everything working in a faultless manner, so I'm pointing the finger at the elderly SBT, the old joints still work, but just a little more slowly ....bit like meself really
    Thanks man! I've tried everything but am convinced it's somehow an issue in LMS. It's happened with two DACS and two SBT. I may try uninstall/reinstall.

Quote Originally Posted by wojarek View Post
    I solved the problem. The reason was a damaged USB interface in the SBT. After repair, my L.K.S. mh-004 (deviece: AMR 386 combo) works well with SBT. The soynd differences compared to SotM are imperceptible.
    Nice!
    Hi-Fi 1: QNAP HS-453DX NAS+QLMS/Allo USBridge Signature+Shanti LPS/Cirrus ESS Sabre 32-bit Reference DAC (Oppo 105D)/Yamaha Aventage CX-A5000/Focal SM9s.
    Hi-Fi 2: Sqbox Touch+Shanti LPS/Focal XS Books.
    Hi-Fi 3: PC+Squeezelite-X+Material Skin/Focal XS Books.
    Head-Fi: Plantronics BB Pro 2 LE Headphones.
    Accessories: iPeng (iPhones/iPad Minis); Tchernov Classic & Van den Hul ICs; Thor PS10 Power Station; Blue Jeans & Ruleconnect Cables (Power, HDMI, USB & Coaxial); Aurios & Vibrapods.

Another issue

First post here....greetings to everyone....
    I have SB (with TT3.0) for many years using analog output only. SB served me well and recently I've installed EDO and connected Aqua La Voce DAC. SB recognized the DAC just fine. There is no problem listening the radio stations at 320kbps however music coming from my NAS is crackling regardless if I play red book, 24/96 or 24/192. As suggested here on the forum I have added USB powered hub but that have not resolved the issue.

https://tinyurl.com/tca4x5z

Couple of questions:
    1. Can TT3.0 and EDO coexist?
    2. Have I got the right USB hub? if not, any recommendation?
    3. Should I try coax?
    4.Any other suggestion how to resolve the problem.?

Please note no issues with the analog output. Any help/suggestion is appreciated.

Regards
    BobRock

Quote Originally Posted by bobrock55 View Post
    Regards
    BobRock

https://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.co...ueezebox+touch

and welcome

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post

Not exactly what i was looking for but thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bobrock55 View Post
    Not exactly what i was looking for but thanks anyway.
    it does answer your main question. It says:

ôAnd remember: The Toolbox and EDO shall not be installed at the same time!!ö
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0/4TB>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Toolbox is out and EDO is in.
    USB feeds the DAC and the music sound nice.

Too bad that both can't be installed at same time. There are certain things from the Toolbox that are right for me (kill Wlan, disable necessary processes..etc). I will review the script.
    Last edited by bobrock55; 2020-02-08 at 20:25.

Accidental SBT firmware update has killed EDO

I've been using an SB Touch for years with EDO, connected via a powered USB to an Audiolab MDAC and running LMS 7.9.2. Never had a problem.

Then today I was fiddling with the SBT and somehow I accidentally ended up selecting 'software update'. It updated the SBT firmware from 7.7.3 to 7.8.

When it finished rebooting, the EDO was gone. So I proceeded to reinstall the EDO applet - it seems to be doing a reinstall/reboot cycle etc, but once done, there is no "Digital Output" option in the Audio menu. There is also no Digital Output option in the Advanced menu.

I've tried a factory reset of the SBT, reinstalling 7.7.3 firmware... not sure what else to try... any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by richmaj99 View Post
    I've been using an SB Touch for years with EDO, connected via a powered USB to an Audiolab MDAC and running LMS 7.9.2. Never had a problem.

Then today I was fiddling with the SBT and somehow I accidentally ended up selecting 'software update'. It updated the SBT firmware from 7.7.3 to 7.8.

When it finished rebooting, the EDO was gone. So I proceeded to reinstall the EDO applet - it seems to be doing a reinstall/reboot cycle etc, but once done, there is no "Digital Output" option in the Audio menu. There is also no Digital Output option in the Advanced menu.

I've tried a factory reset of the SBT, reinstalling 7.7.3 firmware... not sure what else to try... any ideas?

Thanks in advance...
    I've been running firmware fab4_7.8.0_r16754 on my touch for years, with EDO, with no problem. I've also been on 7.9 for a long time, including 7.9.2, and now on 7.9.3. I think you need to be on the 7.8 firmware, but why it isn't installing properly on yours I don't know. I redid mine about a year ago without any hiccups.
    LMS 8.1 on PC, Xubuntu 20.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touches & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 20.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android mobile with Squeeze-Ctrl/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.