Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 255 of 256 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256 LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 2552
    Quote Originally Posted by mruano View Post
    Thanks again. So, the only applet that won't run on the Transporter is the EDO? Anything else?
    I think you’re a bit confused (rightly so as this is confusing). Apps (not applets) from mysqueezebox.com and plugins on LMS will work for any squeezebox player. Applets are something different. They are things installed directly on a TOUCH. There are several of these but EDO is the only one I can recall.

Said another way, nothing runs *on* the transporter. These things run on LMS or on mysqueezebox.com. Only the TOUCH has software that allows applets to be installed directly. (Not really sure if applets can be installed on the RADIO).
    Last edited by garym; 2019-08-04 at 16:00.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I think youĺre a bit confused (rightly so as this is confusing). Apps (not applets) from mysqueezebox.com and plugins on LMS will work for any squeezebox player. Applets are something different. They are things installed directly on a TOUCH. There are several of these but EDO is the only one I can recall.
    Understood, thanks - I was confused indeed, so your explanation is very valuable and truly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by ChipMonk View Post
    I too use a Touch EDO and Audiolab CDQ8300 combination, albeit primarily with flac files and an optical connection. Curious to know why you went with USB and did you see if there was any change with a non-USB connection?
    The Sound quality is very better over USB instead of Toslink or Coax conecction (no Jitter)

Regards obraendl
    2 x Squeezebox Touch
    Audiolab 8300CDQ
    Audiolab 8200T/V12E
    2 x Audiolab 8200M
    Bose 901 Version 6
    LMS 7.9.2 Runs on Mac Mini Server

Quote Originally Posted by obraendl View Post
    The Sound quality is very better over USB instead of Toslink or Coax conecction (no Jitter)

Regards obraendl
    Is it? Probably with badly designed DAC, yes. Everytime, no.

Quote Originally Posted by obraendl View Post
    Could you tell me how you link the EDO Touch to the 8300CDQ via USB. Are you using a USB Hub? I couldn't get USB connection to work but it's been so many years since I set up EDO on my Touches and I've only used Toslink or coax cables to date. I'd like to hear how USB sounds through the new Audiolab pre-amp/DAC. Are there any particular tricks I should know regarding USB A or B connections to hub or whatever?

Thanks in advance.

Is anyone of you using the Touch (+EDO) successfully using USB on an Accuphase amplifier with the optional DAC-40 or DAC-50 module?

Thanks for your reply.

Dsf playback RME Adi2 DAC

It has been discussed before.
    Has anybody been able to playback dsf files over usb to Rme Adi2? I have dsd player installed but am getting nothing but high pitched noise when trying. After trying playback of redbook files fails too and I have to reboot Touch.

Edo

Quote Originally Posted by rienm View Post
    I stil have the 0.10 version of EDO, LMS7.7.2 ; how do I update EDO to the last version?
    Can anyone explaine it to this simple user of the Touch?

Thanks
    Could someone kindly confirm the current repository for EDO?
    My LMS will not accept http://ralph_irving.users.sourceforge.net/edo/
    Thanks as ever
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by NMarshall View Post
    Could someone kindly confirm the current repository for EDO?
    My LMS will not accept http://ralph_irving.users.sourceforge.net/edo/
    Thanks as ever
    Neil
    EDO is not installed on LMS. It is an app let installed directly on a TOUCH.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    EDO is not installed on LMS. It is an app let installed directly on a TOUCH.
    Gary, forgive my stupidity - spent the night on an aircraft from the US without sleep!
    Neil