Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 250 of 250 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 2500
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    I haven't tried my Explorer (I, not II) on my Touch - I use it connected to my computer, via a hub. I was wondering whether the Touch is providing enough electrical power to the Explorer, and a hub might help. If you happen to have a hub somewhere, why not try it?
    I was able to bring the headphones volume up on Raspberry LibreELEC in alsamixer, the level was set to -40db , I brought it to -4db.
    so it does work.
    But on Squeezebox Touch I can not access any alsamixer.
    Anybody here who knows how to set levels of audiodevices via ssh in Squeezebox Touch?
    Thanks
    The Earth Has Music For Those Who Listen

Quote Originally Posted by Pommes View Post
    I was able to bring the headphones volume up on Raspberry LibreELEC in alsamixer, the level was set to -40db , I brought it to -4db.
    so it does work.
    But on Squeezebox Touch I can not access any alsamixer.
    Anybody here who knows how to set levels of audiodevices via ssh in Squeezebox Touch?
    Thanks
    amixer is a command line version of alsamixer and is installed on my Touch. Do a google search for "man amixer" to find out more. alsactl isn't installed, so I'm not sure how you could save a default (louder) setting, but there may be a way.
    LMS 7.9.2 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

amixer is a command line version of alsamixer and is installed on my Touch. Do a google search for "man amixer" to find out more. alsactl isn't installed, so I'm not sure how you could save a default (louder) setting, but there may be a way.
    Awesome, thanks a lot
    Ssh into touch and type
    amixer -c 1 sset 'Meridian Clock Selector' 100%
    Now I have full Level on headphones out.

If anybody knows how to save this , so it keeps the values after reboot?

Broken DSD Playback?

Hi All,

Haven't been on for a while (4-5 years), been successfully running a Vortexbox 2.3 server with LMS 7.8.0 - 1395395852 (2014) on it (believe this was a community support version not part of a Vortexbox 2.3 package) since 2014 and haven't touched it for almost 5 years as it's run perfect, complete with full DSD support (my library includes 16/44 up to 24/192 FLAC, a few ALAC, and a reasonable amount of 2.8MHz & 5.6MHz (DSD & DSD128) DSF files. As this thread has a couple of thousand pages to it it's proved a bit problematic searching for related posts, so...

As my VBX hardware is 32-bit and can't be upgraded to 2.4 I (perhaps foolishly) ran the integral upgrade to get 2.3 updated to the last version. This update has upgraded LMS to 7.9.1 - 0.6.20170928git1508251793 (2017) which I had assumed wouldn't be an issue and would be an improved version from my current one regardless. I have reinstalled Triode's DSDPlayer (v1.0) Plugin for LMS (and configured some settings for it) but DSD files won't play at all (I get a media not supported error in iPeng app when selecting them, or in LMS web browser they just don't play). I previously had the PlayDSD (v0.5) installed before I updated I think. My players are the builtin VBX Player (via USB) and a Squeezebox Touch. Unfortunately I can't find any notes I had from 5 years ago when I configured it originally in 2014 for DSD playback as well as hi-res FLAC - so would appreciate any help or pointers to relevant posts...

Note: My 24/192 FLAC seems to be playing okay but I haven't verified if it's doing bit perfect or resampling down to 16/44 yet.

1. Is there a specific post somewhere on the DSD set-up & settings and any trouble shooting guides?

2. Am I missing anything obvious for DSD settings for the integral VBX Player (via USB) and Squeezebox Touch settings? I may have replaced the VBX Player previously with a slim device one from here but can't be sure?

3. On a related note I understand community support for LMS may have stopped? Is that correct and/or what is the last version of community supported LMS that would be compatible with VBX 2.3 (ifs there a post/page with info/download/etc)?

Many TIA,

John
    Hi-Fi: VortexBox LMS with SOtM tX-USB; Oppo BDP-105D DAC; Yamaha Aventage CX-A5000; Focal SM9s.
    AV Extras: PS3 w/PlayTV; Focal SM6s (1 Twin6, 2 Solo6, 2 Sub6).
    Secondary Hi-Fi: Squeezebox Touch; Focal XS Book Speakers.
    Display: Sony 55" KD-55X8500C LED TV.
    Accessories: Tchernov Classic & van den Hul ICs; RuleConnect & Blue Jeans Power, Digital, USB & HDMI Cables; Thor PS10; Aurios; Vibrapods; iPad & iPhone.

Awesome, thanks a lot
    Ssh into touch and type
    Now I have full Level on headphones out.

If anybody knows how to save this , so it keeps the values after reboot?
    I've read about a file named /etc/asound.state, but I am unsure of its format. There doesn't seem to be one on my Touch at present (there or in /usr/share/alsa). You may be able find out more on the web.

There may even be a way of installing alsactl, but I've never tried to install stuff on the Touch.
    LMS 7.9.2 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

I've read about a file named /etc/asound.state, but I am unsure of its format. There doesn't seem to be one on my Touch at present (there or in /usr/share/alsa). You may be able find out more on the web.

There may even be a way of installing alsactl, but I've never tried to install stuff on the Touch.
    Thanks for trying to help!
    I was able to find the solution with help of another guy in this forum.

ssh root@ip
    Password 1234
    cd /etc/init.d
    vi rcS.local
    (press the 'i' key and then type)
    (press the escape key, type)
    :wq (thats colon key, w key, q key)
    chmod 755 rcS.local

Thanks for trying to help!
    I was able to find the solution with help of another guy in this forum.

ssh root@ip
    Password 1234
    cd /etc/init.d
    vi rcS.local
    (press the 'i' key and then type)
    (press the escape key, type)
    :wq (thats colon key, w key, q key)
    chmod 755 rcS.local
    Yes, that's very logical - why didn't I think of that? Glad to hear you are now up and running. I'll copy this to my set-up instructions in case I ever want to do it myself.

Meanwhile, how are you adjusting the playback volume now?

Yes, that's very logical - why didn't I think of that? Glad to hear you are now up and running. I'll copy this to my set-up instructions in case I ever want to do it myself.

Meanwhile, how are you adjusting the playback volume now?
    Iĺm glad that you might use this work around, too.
    I just simply use the volume control of LMS.
    I know it is not bit perfect then, and Tidal MQA will only work with full volume in LMS, but this is the most convenient way for me.

Iĺm glad that you might use this work around, too.
    I just simply use the volume control of LMS.
    I know it is not bit perfect then, and Tidal MQA will only work with full volume in LMS, but this is the most convenient way for me.

Very few problem are "new" - it was solved earlier in this thread in post 1932 in 2015 - although it is not clear why rc5.local in the earlier post doesn't work now.
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post803059