Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 236 of 241 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 2409
  1. #2351
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    2,203
    Quote Originally Posted by biff View Post
    EDO wont download anyone else have this problem

    Did you?


    Settings > Advanced > Applet Installer > Scroll to the bottom > Deselect Recommended Applets Only > Enhanced Digital Output

    Ronnie

  2. #2352
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    5
    yes done that still nothing it tries to load and then it says reinstall

  3. #2353
    Senior Member ralphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,921
    All my sourceforge web services pages http://ralph_irving.users.sourceforge.net are failing with a 400 bad request error.

    That's why EDO installs are currently failing.

    I've opened a ticket with sourceforge. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to be fixed.
    Ralphy

    1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

  4. #2354
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    5
    thanks Ralph great stuff

  5. #2355
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    2,203
    Quote Originally Posted by biff View Post
    yes done that still nothing it tries to load and then it says reinstall
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    All my sourceforge web services pages http://ralph_irving.users.sourceforge.net are failing with a 400 bad request error.

    That's why EDO installs are currently failing.

    I've opened a ticket with sourceforge. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to be fixed.

    Just came back to this thread and can confirm that Ralphy is correct, I tried earlier today to install Squeezelite on a Raspbian build and got the same 400 bad request response.

    Thought I had done something wrong (moi! )
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2017-10-25 at 07:28.

  6. #2356
    Senior Member ralphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Just came back to this thread and can confirm that Ralphy is correct, I tried earlier today to install Squeezelite on a Raspbian build and got the same 400 bad request response.
    My squeezelite builds are also available from the LMS client project on sourceforge

    Unfortunately the EDO repo is still down this morning and the ticket status remains unread. I'm looking at other options to host the EDO files in case this isn't fixed soon.
    Ralphy

    1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

  7. #2357
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    2,203
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    My squeezelite builds are also available from the LMS client project on sourceforge

    Unfortunately the EDO repo is still down this morning and the ticket status remains unread. I'm looking at other options to host the EDO files in case this isn't fixed soon.

    Thanks for the link Ralphy, I am following Gerrelt's trusty guide

    http://www.gerrelt.nl/RaspberryPi/wo...r-on-raspbian/.

    I have used this many times with Jessie-Lite but am now trying it with Stretch-Lite.

    The LMS install has completed and works fine, but for the Squeezelite I need this file

    mkdir squeezelite
    cd squeezelite
    wget -O squeezelite-armv6hf http://ralph_irving.users.sourceforge.net/pico/squeezelite-armv6hf-noffmpeg
    This is the one that gives the error text.

    I notice that the one I am trying to download is
    http
    and that all your new listings are
    https
    does this mean that the former will no longer be available? Or that it should make no difference as I am using a raspberry pi?

    Many thanks

    Ronnie.

  8. #2358
    Senior Member ralphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Thanks for the link Ralphy, I am following Gerrelt's trusty guide

    http://www.gerrelt.nl/RaspberryPi/wo...r-on-raspbian/.

    I have used this many times with Jessie-Lite but am now trying it with Stretch-Lite.

    The LMS install has completed and works fine, but for the Squeezelite I need this file



    This is the one that gives the error text.

    I notice that the one I am trying to download is and that all your new listings are does this mean that the former will no longer be available? Or that it should make no difference as I am using a raspberry pi?

    Many thanks

    Ronnie.
    The reason I've been using the sourceforge user web pages for edo is it still supports http.

    Only downloads from the LMS Client project requires https.

    This should give you the same result, but you'd need to update the squeezelite-1.8.7.1007-armv6hf.tar.gz in the url as newer versions are released.

    Code:
    mkdir squeezelite
    cd squeezelite
    wget -O squeezelite.tgz https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmsclients/files/squeezelite/linux/squeezelite-1.8.7.1007-armv6hf.tar.gz/download
    tar -xzf squeezelite.tgz squeezelite
    mv squeezelite squeezelite-armv6hf
    rm squeezelite.tgz
    Ralphy

    1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

  9. #2359
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    2,203
    Thanks a lot Ralphy, no really, thank you very much, that works a treat.

    What a great community here

    I'll notify Gerrelt over the weekend.

    Your now my NEW "best friend"

    Ronnie

  10. #2360
    Senior Member ralphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,921
    Quote Originally Posted by biff View Post
    EDO wont download anyone else have this problem
    The original site is still down so I've moved the edo repository and Michael has changed the url on mysqueezebox.com to the new site.

    Please try installing EDO again.

    The EnhancedDigitalOutput v0.10 and KernelUpdater v0.3 applets should be available from the Applet Installer menu on the touch. If not, restart LMS and try again.

    There are NO changes to EDO functionality with the new versions, only the urls for the kernels and fab4 xml file have changed.
    Please DON'T reinstall unless you need to change your kernel or your EDO install is broken.
    Thanks.
    Ralphy

    1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •