Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 201 of 241 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2402
    Quote Originally Posted by guidof View Post
    In my system, the Benchmark is shown (on the SBT) as the DAC and in the information panel, the DAC is shown as playing "via a hub", I.e., the REGEN. So, the REGEN is transparent to the SBT, but I'm not sure if it's also transparent to Squeezelite.
    I just wonder, sometimes, with all these additional boxes, cables, power supplies and so on, whether something simpler may have some benefits.

I've got a reasonably good UPnP renderer (Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC) that I'm driving direct from LMS using suqeeze2upnp (now a plugin called UPnP/DLNA bridge). So, using an ethernet connection that's the same as I would have for the Touch, I skip several bits of kit, cables, power supplies, digital signals down coax etc.

Has anyone with 'good ears' (not me) tried some blind tests with something similar? I know UPnP is not popular, but I suspect that's because the standards are a bit iffy and support somewhat variable. However, given a decent DAC and build behind it, isn't this worth more people investigating?
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by rgro View Post
    That'd be a long run for a USB cable! I've kept a Touch around as a backup device, but I've been using the VBA directly to the Benchmark (which I love!) for a year or so with just a few minor issues. Mostly--about 99.9% of the time--- the setup works great. There's always the homeplug route if you want to try to get the VBA next to your dac.

Thanks to this brilliant suggestion, I solved my problem. The VBA (in a closet next to the music room) is now plugged into the network via DLink bridge, and it plays into the Benchmark via USB using Squeezelite. With this setup, the Benchmark adjusts automatically to resolution changes, including DSD, without any issues.

As a bonus, SQ has further improved. More air around instruments, hence more finely defined details, greater soundstage depth, more involving musical presentation. OTOH, there is a slightly less refined tonality, which may be the result of temporarily using a long "printer" USB cable I had lying around while I order a John Swenson approved Supra cable long enough for this setup.
    Music Room:
    Marantz TT 15S1, Virtuoso Wood Cartridge>ART ADC>Vinyl Studio
    CISCO Router>DLink Bridge>Vortexbox Appliance/Squeezelite>SOtM Card>REGEN>Benchmark DAC2 D>Little Dot Mk 9 Preamp>DSPeaker Antimode Dual Core DRC/EQ/Preamp+CIA PS>Music Reference RM-200 Mk II amp> Martin Logan SL3 speakers
    REL T1 Sub
    Bedroom:
    Squeezebox Touch (analog out)>Little Dot Mk III amp>AKG K701 headphones
    Sony D100 amp>PSB alpha B1 speakers
    Treadmill:
    FiiO X3 Digital Music Player>AKG K550 headphones

I can confirm that the Meridian Director successfully works with the EDO.

I am using it via USB.

Name:  DSCN1373.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  235.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    My Mac can go all the way to XI

How?

Excuse my ignorance but how do you get your DAC to appear in the digital outputs menu and also to show the bit/sample rate?

Many thanks

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by badlyread View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but how do you get your DAC to appear in the digital outputs menu and also to show the bit/sample rate?

Many thanks

Neil

First install EDO with the Dac connected (KISS principle )

From the Touch's Home Screen; Settings >Advanced >Digital Output >Select Digital Output >Select Dac (by name shown on screen, the touch may reboot) >Select USB-Audio-name of dac (info) >Status Screen.

atb

Ronnie

not seeing it

Thanks for the reply Ronnie but I'm not seeing it.

When I go to Digital Output I have the option of Digital Only (selected) or Digital and Analogue, no DAC shown.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the EDO with the Arcam rDAC connected.

Neil

Thanks for the reply Ronnie but I'm not seeing it.

When I go to Digital Output I have the option of Digital Only (selected) or Digital and Analogue, no DAC shown.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the EDO with the Arcam rDAC connected.

Neil

A hub may be necessary

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?pli=1#gid=0

Typo

Hi

I have the Arcam irDAC so, according to the spreadsheet, no hub necessary.

Hi

I have the Arcam irDAC so, according to the spreadsheet, no hub necessary.
    have you tried the class2 usb switch on the back

and the B input?

Arrgh

USB! Using coax!!

Thanks for your help.