Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 187 of 239 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2384
    Quote Originally Posted by Cut-Throat View Post
    Well, I decided buy a Dragonfly and try it, since it seems not many are using it here. Everything is working fine except for the Volume from the Dac seems about 50% of what the Squeezebox normally puts out. I can see how to adjust the volume of the Dragonfly Dac when Hooked to a Laptop output, as you adjust the device Properties. However when using a SBT, you just plug it in to the SBT. I have my SBT Volume set to 100, so I can't figure out how to get maximum output out of the Dragonfly.

So, anyone here know what is going on?
    I haven't got my Touch connected right now, but I assume it uses Alsa to drive the USB DAC. If so, there should be a way to change the volume setting using a linux command. On a full-blown linux (ubuntu) system one can use alsamixer, and set default sound levels in /var/lib/alsa/asound.state.
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx View Post
    Sounds like you selected exactly the wrong DAC to use in this setup. Of course, you had no way of knowing.
    This DAC is listed on the very first post of this thread. Under Audioquest --- Here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...zNmFMZnc#gid=0

And the Cambridge Audio 851C DAC is EDO compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by nolvera View Post
    And the Cambridge Audio 851C DAC is EDO compatible?
    I don't see it on this List, do you? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...zNmFMZnc#gid=0

This DAC is listed on the very first post of this thread. Under Audioquest --- Here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...zNmFMZnc#gid=0
    I connected my Touch and tried to find the alsa settings when connected to my DAC. They aren't in /var/lib/alsa, and after logging onto the touch, tools I'd normally use are not installed (such as amixer). Someone who knows the linux setup on the Touch better than I should be able to help.
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

I don't see it on this List, do you? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...zNmFMZnc#gid=0
    This list is not exhaustive. Is it?

I have just tested the Gustard U10 USB to SPDIF with XMOS and it Works with EDO

I installed this the other day for use with my Audio-gd Master 7. I followed the instructions at Audio-gd and had no problems. I only have a couple of 92k files, but no 192, so I couldn't test those. I like the Touch>USB>Master 7 marginally better than my Transporter>BNC>Master 7, so I'm keeping my Touch in the system. Only issue is old age - my eyes aren't good enough for the Touch's little screen

future support for enhanced digital output

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Ed View Post
    Is it a possibility at anytime in the future that the app will offer support in 24/176/192 for AIFF files?
    Speaking of the future, I know that I am not the only person who is upset about the discontinuation of the SBT. In my case I manage 5 of them in 3 separate locations, and all are playing 192 kHz/24-bit files using EDO (many thanks to Triode). I would even like to acquire and set up more of these systems, but I am concerned that support could go away too soon.

My question for this forum is: Is there any way to "future-proof" my access to EDO? Something like storing the app on a local computer, and installing the app from that computer rather than over the Internet? I hope it is not a dumb question, as I am not a programmer. If it is possible to do, and if someone could help me set it up, I might be willing to reimburse for the time. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HikeForFood View Post
    Speaking of the future, I know that I am not the only person who is upset about the discontinuation of the SBT. In my case I manage 5 of them in 3 separate locations, and all are playing 192 kHz/24-bit files using EDO (many thanks to Triode). I would even like to acquire and set up more of these systems, but I am concerned that support could go away too soon.

My question for this forum is: Is there any way to "future-proof" my access to EDO? Something like storing the app on a local computer, and installing the app from that computer rather than over the Internet? I hope it is not a dumb question, as I am not a programmer. If it is possible to do, and if someone could help me set it up, I might be willing to reimburse for the time. Thanks.
    You can download it from https://code.google.com/p/triodeplugins/downloads/list

I think you can install it by putting it on a USB stick and loading it from the USB port on the Touch, but to be honest I'm not 100% sure.