Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 168 of 270 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2697
    Quote Originally Posted by onlyconnect View Post
    Mine has not worked since 7.8 :-(

Temporarily switched to squeezelitepi ...

Tim
    I updated it and reinstalled EDO and it's working just fine. Now I'm able to use the Android app again, which wasn't working before the update.

sent from my Samsung Note3 using Tapatalk
    SB Touch (w/ EDO & Welborne PSU)>Resolution Audio Cantata Music Center>Gryphon Diablo>Evolution Acoustics MicroOne

I updated my Touch to 7.8 then realized that in order to install EDO from the App Gallery I had to login in MySqueezebox, which is something I didn't do in ages.
    Luckily everything worked out fine but still I'm wondering if the MySqueezebox step could have been avoided. What would happen if/when MySqueezebox is discontinued?
    LMS 7.8 on Windows 10 NUC6i5SYH serving:
    * Touch - Geek Pulse DAC - Sennheiser HD650 / Emotiva Airmotiv 4
    * Duet - Yamaha RX-V381 - Chario Syntar 200
    * 4 Booms: Bathroom1, Bathroom2, Bedroom, Kitchen
    * 1 Radio: Girls' Room

* Android NEXBOX A1 S912 - Yamaha RX-V381 - Chario Syntar 200
    * 3 smartphone Squeeze + Squeezeplayer
    * Nexus10 tablet Squeeze + Squeezeplayer

I have Oppo 105D player and I use it as DAC in my setting. It is connected with USB cable to Squeezebox touch. In the following situation SBT will lost the DAC and I have to reboot it to recover:

1) At first
    - Oppo: power on, input source: USB DAC input
    - SBT: digital output: Oppo

2) Playing music:
    I play some music with SBT and everything is ok.

3) Power off Oppo
    I shut down Oppo. There are two power off options in Oppo: energy safe mode and fast start modes. I have tried them both and they work in same way in this issue.
    I can see on SBT that Oppo will disappear from digital output menu (after blinking few times)

4) Power on Oppo
    After I have started Oppo I can see Oppo appearing to the digital output menu again

5) Playing music with SBT
    Everything plays ok

6) Playing SACD disc with Oppo
    I stopped the music in SBT, changed the Oppo's input source as Blu-ray input and played some music from SACD disc

7) Power off Oppo
    I stopped SACD and shut down Oppo. Oppo disappeared from the digital output menu.

8) Power on Oppo
    Oppo will not appear anymore on digital output menu. I have to select other digital output (for example digital only) and reboot SBT. Then after reboot I can see Oppo again in digital output menu. I select Oppo and reboot SBT and everything is back to normal again until I play SACD (or bluray) discs again with Oppo.

Any ideas/help?
    Last edited by auster; 2014-02-26 at 01:08.

Sorry if I am a little bit lost amongst these 160+ pages of this thread.

I read somewhere that TE8022 (which I think my Esoteric K-03 uses) can actually be supported by EDO, but there is something about selecting a kernel #11. I don't quite recall seeing this selection menu. Would anyone be kind enough to teach me how this is done?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardoo View Post
    Sorry if I am a little bit lost amongst these 160+ pages of this thread.

I read somewhere that TE8022 (which I think my Esoteric K-03 uses) can actually be supported by EDO, but there is something about selecting a kernel #11. I don't quite recall seeing this selection menu. Would anyone be kind enough to teach me how this is done?

Thanks.
    Aha! I finally found the way to select this kernel #11 (It is actually in another thread. Silly me). Just a quick question though. If I want to go back to XMOS afterwards, do I have to reset everything and remove the kernel updater applet, or is there a simpler way like selecting a certain other kernel?

Thanks again.

USB support does not yet support hot plugging of usb dacs

I have been using my Touch + EDO together with a ClassÚ CP-800 preamp/processor with great satisfaction for more than a year. This week, I had my CP-800 "upgraded" to the latest model which carries new electronics and as a result provides a few more capabilities such as playback of > 96 Khz music files.

What I noticed is that after switching on the CP-800, I have to reboot the Touch and (re-)select "USB-Audio - CP-800" as the audio output option is no longer there if I don't reboot.

The initial post in this thread says:

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    2) USB support does not yet support hot plugging of usb dacs - please connect your dac and leave turned on at present [this is likely to improve in future]
    Is this still true? Is there a way for me to avoid having to reboot the Touch other than leaving the CP-800 on?

Many thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertramp View Post
    I have been using my Touch + EDO together with a ClassÚ CP-800 preamp/processor with great satisfaction for more than a year. This week, I had my CP-800 "upgraded" to the latest model which carries new electronics and as a result provides a few more capabilities such as playback of > 96 Khz music files.

What I noticed is that after switching on the CP-800, I have to reboot the Touch and (re-)select "USB-Audio - CP-800" as the audio output option is no longer there if I don't reboot.

The initial post in this thread says:

Is this still true? Is there a way for me to avoid having to reboot the Touch other than leaving the CP-800 on?

Many thanks in advance.
    You should only have to do it once. Switch back to analog out, unplug the USB DAC, reboot. Turn off the SBT. Plug in the USB DAC, boot up, select the USB DAC, reboot, you should be good to go. EDO keeps track of the capabilities of the DAC, if you just change the DAC it gets confused. Going back to a non USB output, then going to the new DAC should guarantee that EDO has stored the properties of the new DAC.

John S.

Many thanks for your prompt response, John.

I did as you described (except for replacing the first reboot by unplugging/plugging the power as I don't know how to reboot the Touch). Unfortunately the issue remains the same meaning that after the procedure the Touch plays absolutely fine. Switching off and on the DAC though, there is no more music and the "USB-Audio - CP-800" is gone as an audio output option.

I'm running LMS 7.7.3 and have firmware 7.7.3 r16676 running on the Touch with EDO version 0.8. More than happy to provide you with more relevant information and many thanks again for your help.

Strange samplingrate behavior using EDO with Pioneer N-50

Hi, this is my first post on this forum. So be gentle with me.

Just bought a used SBT and is more than satisfied with it. But I have some problems with EDO and my external DAC. My DAC (or streamer actually) is a Pioneer N-50, and I want to use it's async capabilities with digital USB. The problem is that it seems to lock all my 44.1khz files to 48khz and because of that it plays the files to fast (like my DAC recognizes the files as 44.1 but plays them in 48khz) if I then swich to a 96khz or 192khz file all hell brake loose and makes everything sound like it's processed throu a ringmodulator. The funny thing is that when I play internetradio it behaves as expected. When I play 44.1khz stations it sets the correct samplerate, and when I access 48khz stations my DAC sets to 48khz all fine here. It's just as I said, problems with my own flac files.

My hole library consists of flac, mostly 44.1, but some of it is 48, 96 and 192khz files. Please if someone know whats wrong I would be more than happy if it's fixable.

When I use the regular coax digital out all seems fine. But I don't really know if it downsamples all above 44.1khz because the N-50 display only displays the inputnumber when used with sp/dif inputs. It's only the "digital USB" input that let me see the samplerate currently playing.

Regards Johannes

You need to load drivers onto a computer to work with the N-50.
    The Touch is native Linux, which the N-50 doesn't understand.
    Stick to the coax SPDIF.
    Chris :)