Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 241 of 241 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241
Results 2,401 to 2,409 of 2409
    You are right, it is not a big loss.
    It is more the engineer in me trying to get something to work that should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiyama View Post
    You are right, it is not a big loss.
    It is more the engineer in me trying to get something to work that should work.
    I know the feeling only too well, and all the lost hours.... However, with computer software that I can't get at in enough detail to understand and fix there comes a time when I have to give up.
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Yes this time has come for me here and therefore I contacted RME via their forum and they offered to look into it!
    As they had no SBT at hand, I borrowed them one of mine.
    They managed to change the ADI-2 DAC firmware in that way that the SBT recognizes the ADI as a DAC via USB and 44.1k works but they still struggle with 192k (and DSD which is not so important for me). I am not sure if they are able to fix this, they think this issue is not on side of the ADI-2 DAC (it might be due to the fact that they are using the SBT itself as a server and not a LMS, this is only my guess as a complete amateur). So half a victory at the moment. I will see what is working when the next firmware release is out, which should be in a couple of days.

Anyhow great support by RME!

The Touch will quite happily drive one of these at all sample rates whilst using the embedded server https://lnx.m2tech.biz/products/pens/hiface-two/
    Chris :)

RME has today released a new firmware for the ADI-2 DAC.
    Now they are talking to each other via USB.
    So far 192kHz/24bit are working.
    DSF needs to be tested but I do not know how to pack these files into DOP....
    If anybody has a tip. Much appreciated.

Have you enabled the DSDPlayer plugin?

Name:  aadsd.png
Views: 133
Size:  18.0 KB
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2018-06-28 at 01:18.

Thanks for this information, I did not know that plugin.
    I have activated this plugin and DSF still does not work (even DSD64 as dsf file).
    DSD64 converted in wav works fine. DSD128 converted in wav also does not work.
    So everything above 192 kHz seems not to work which is probably due to the fact that I am running my LMS on a Acer one Tablet which is not very powerful.

I am pretty new to the DSD business in general, not only with respect to the SBT, so I might miss something important here and it is not so important to me as I am quite sceptical about the whole DSD thing.
    But if dsf files should work (up to which sampling rate?) I like to get them running. :-)

Edit: I will try next to tweak the buffer size....
    Edit2: Large Buffer did not improve things, so 192hKz/DSD64 it is.
    Last edited by Daiyama; 2018-06-30 at 01:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiyama View Post
    Yes this time has come for me here and therefore I contacted RME via their forum and they offered to look into it!
    As they had no SBT at hand, I borrowed them one of mine.
    They managed to change the ADI-2 DAC firmware in that way that the SBT recognizes the ADI as a DAC via USB and 44.1k works but they still struggle with 192k (and DSD which is not so important for me). I am not sure if they are able to fix this, they think this issue is not on side of the ADI-2 DAC (it might be due to the fact that they are using the SBT itself as a server and not a LMS, this is only my guess as a complete amateur). So half a victory at the moment. I will see what is working when the next firmware release is out, which should be in a couple of days.

Anyhow great support by RME!

Well done that non-gender specific person Daiyama

RME ADI-2 Pro & ADI-2 DAC: Firmware Update Summary

For both the ADI-2 Pro and ADI-2 DAC:
    ľ Class Compliant compatibility for Windows 10 and Logitech Squeezebox Touch media player adjusted
    ľ Dual EQ: save state to preset slot Temp after activation in the I/O menu
    http://www.synthax.co.uk/latest/2018...m_medium=email

chapeau

Ronnie

Views: 1,000,373, on this thread