Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 259 of 260 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260 LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 2596
    Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    I've been running firmware fab4_7.8.0_r16754 on my touch for years, with EDO, with no problem. I've also been on 7.9 for a long time, including 7.9.2, and now on 7.9.3. I think you need to be on the 7.8 firmware, but why it isn't installing properly on yours I don't know. I redid mine about a year ago without any hiccups.
    Thanks PasTim. Yes, that's the firmware that I accidentally got upgraded to and (having tried rolling back to no avail) I'm now back to the latest 7.8.0 trying to get EDO to install. So probably means we can rule out firmware as the problem, if its running OK on yours.

I've got the SBT working on coax in the meantime, but very puzzling why EDO won't install. I noticed that in the applet menu, the choice of EDO it gives me to install is version 0.10... I thought EDO got to around 0.80? But there doesn't appear to be any option other than 0.10...

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by richmaj99 View Post
    Thanks PasTim. Yes, that's the firmware that I accidentally got upgraded to and (having tried rolling back to no avail) I'm now back to the latest 7.8.0 trying to get EDO to install. So probably means we can rule out firmware as the problem, if its running OK on yours.

I've got the SBT working on coax in the meantime, but very puzzling why EDO won't install. I noticed that in the applet menu, the choice of EDO it gives me to install is version 0.10... I thought EDO got to around 0.80? But there doesn't appear to be any option other than 0.10...

Cheers
    I'm on EDO 0.10, so I really don't know why yours has problems. Strange.
    LMS 7.9.3 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Cheers
    Maybe the repository has issues, keep trying.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Managed to work it out in the end. Posting the solution in case anyone else comes across the same issue.

The answer was hiding around pages 220-221 of this thread. EDO was reinstalling but the Kernel update process wasn't happening, as Zlartybartfast alluded to. The kernel repository files no longer exist where Triode kept them, but they were saved down in a new location by Michael and Ralph. So I just needed to go to the Plugings section of the LMS web browser and add the repository address below.

http://ralph_irving.users.sourceforg...o/edo-repo.xml

When I then rebooted the SBT and tried EDO again, this time it was able to also perform the kernel update. And hey presto, EDO working perfect again. Phew.

Managed to work it out in the end. Posting the solution in case anyone else comes across the same issue.

The answer was hiding around pages 220-221 of this thread. EDO was reinstalling but the Kernel update process wasn't happening, as Zlartybartfast alluded to. The kernel repository files no longer exist where Triode kept them, but they were saved down in a new location by Michael and Ralph. So I just needed to go to the Plugings section of the LMS web browser and add the repository address below.

When I then rebooted the SBT and tried EDO again, this time it was able to also perform the kernel update. And hey presto, EDO working perfect again. Phew.
    Maybe the info about the new repo should be in a more obvious place than page 220.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Thanks very much. However, when I pasted that url in I got "Bad repository http: //ralph_irving.users.sourceforge.net/edo/edo-repo.xml - 404 Not Found" (I put 2 spaces after : to show the full url). I hope that's a transitory issue.

Edit: Thinking about this again, I don't think that that repo is needed. I thought michael had included it all in the basic set of 3rd party repos.
    Last edited by PasTim; 2020-02-15 at 05:55.
    LMS 7.9.3 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    Edit: Thinking about this again, I don't think that that repo is needed. I thought michael had included it all in the basic set of 3rd party repos.
    Yes the repo is already included.

The sdf.org site that I use to host the edo repository has had several outages the last couple of days, so that's likely the reason for the failures.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Plugin EDO unavailable

Hi
    I'm running LMS version 7.7.6
    Show all 3rd party plugins is flagged
    But I don't see EDO plugin ...
    What did I do wrongly?
    Thanks for tips
    KR

Quote Originally Posted by sonsbt View Post
    Hi
    I'm running LMS version 7.7.6
    Show all 3rd party plugins is flagged
    But I don't see EDO plugin ...
    What did I do wrongly?
    Thanks for tips
    KR
    it is an APP installed directly via a menu on the Touch. It is NOT a plug-in in LMS.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    it is an APP installed directly via a menu on the Touch. It is NOT a plug-in in LMS.
    oh , thanks . I'll try this
    It will be working only I plug a compatible DAC on m SBT, right?
    Any recommendation for a good value DAC?
    Thanks