Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 261 of 262 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262 LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 2612
    Quote Originally Posted by gilladur View Post
    Thank you for your hints.
    I've checked the DAC on my Windows machine and there are all the same files played well.

I've tried to add an 2.0 Hub or / and change to the two USB input settings. The DX3 is behaving the same regardless what was used when switching to Hi-Res files...
    Nevertheless while trying I realized it is not related to the files itself it is related to switching between different khz versions.

I was able to play all the different Hi-Res songs, with all the different settings above - only if I turn off the DAC after I switch to songs with different bit/khz values.
    It seems that the DAC in USB mode is not detecting or switching correctly to the changed values of the files.
    An off and on and the DAC seems to detect everything fine.

Any idea what that could be? As I wrote in the other connection methods (optical or coax) I don't have this issue.

I've also tested an second device I own. My Fiio K5 Pro is working without any issue (without the need of a hub connected).
    After setting up the dac, use the remote control to select the correct output (make sure your volume control on the amp is low) Use the remote to cycle through the output settings.

ronnie

To be honest I'm not sure what you are exactly trying to explain to me
    What you are explaining (to cycle through the output settings) should be the alternative for switching the device off and on when changing to files with a different sampling rate?

Any idea why the DAC is not using the correct decoding setting when sampling rate is changed?
    Could there be an issue with the DAC or is it related to the EDO app?

Thank you

Gilladur

Quote Originally Posted by gilladur View Post

Any idea why the DAC is not using the correct decoding setting when sampling rate is changed?

Thank you

Gilladur

On the remote, cycle through "Line Out" and the button with the headphone symbol (this has two settings) then return to the "dac" output.

If you are in "Dac" mode and can adjust volume on the Topping with either the remote or volume knob then the setting is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    On the remote, cycle through "Line Out" and the button with the headphone symbol (this has two settings) then return to the "dac" output.
    If I switch the sampling rate --> no sound --> then change to Headphone --> then change to Line out --> sound is working (sometime I have to restart the file)
    This would be an workaround (but I doubt that this is accepted by all family members).
    Still have no clue why I would have to do this while the K5 Pro is switching within the need of switching the line outs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    If you are in "Dac" mode and can adjust volume on the Topping with either the remote or volume knob then the setting is incorrect.
    I'm currently using DAC (w/o preamp) therefore it is just showing the sampling rate.

I'm really thinking about sending the topping back. I wonder if I'm the only one with these kinds of issues wit the devices?

Does the Khadas DAC Tone Board Module work with EDO?
    Last edited by gilladur; 2020-04-17 at 02:32.

I'm really thinking about sending the topping back. I wonder if I'm the only one with these kinds of issues wit the devices?
    Well I was going to do the same.

I had even arrrange a RTM but then I re-read the very poor user instructions and realised I was setting it up incorrectly.

Re-cycling through the three dac outputs corrected my error.

I used it as a DAC/pre-amp for a while but prefer it into an active pre-amp.

But if your unhappy, send it back

Does the Khadas DAC Tone Board Module work with EDO?
    yes, listening to one now

If you are thinking about the Toneboard, you might like to read about its desighner's new products

http://www.soncoz.com/#/

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...-review.10295/

ronnie

Thank you Ronnie,

that's what I gonna do.
    I'll go for the Khadas - I've ordered it already (the other one looks nice but I like reasonably priced Khadas).

Anyhow, thank you very much for your help and time invested!

I can no longer install the EDO applet on my SBT

Hi,
    I have the problem that I can no longer install the EDO applet on my SBT, after having it successfully used since it came out in 2012.

The SBT is connected to a ReadyNAS running the latest 7.9.3 nightly.

If I go on the SBT to the menu option where I can install applets, EDO is listed. When I select it, it shows version 0.8… shouldn’t this be 0.10 after the location move?..., it installs the applet and reboots. However it then does not download the new kernel.

PS. The SBT runs on firmware 7.8.0.

PS2. If I go to Digital Output Kernel Update, Update Now, is says "downloading" for 2 seconds and then says "kernel update failed". Looks like LMS has no connection to the location where it needs to get the EDO kernel from.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

RESOLVED: Tried again this morning, v0.10 showed up and installed fine. All good. THANKS!
    Last edited by Supertramp; 2020-06-04 at 23:39. Reason: Resolved

Teac UD-503 working

Hi,

a quick report : my Teac UD-503 worked out of the box using the EDO version that I installed minutes ago. Tests success using TOSlink and USB cable. I do not have anything over FLAC/44k music so I can't test for "speedier" quality. Any source where I can buy albums in better quality to test ?

Thanks for the excellent work to all maintainers ! I ahev 3 SB-Touch and LMS running of a VM on top of proxmox. Amplification Elekit TU-8200 and Pete Millett engineer amp.

Charles

Quote Originally Posted by cbueche View Post
    Hi,

Any source where I can buy albums in better quality to test ?
    HDTracks or Quobz
    (edit: I wouldn't claim these are better in terms of sound quality (as there's little or no rigorous evidence that a 24/96 file has better audio quality than a 16/44.1 file, unless the hi-res recordings happen to have different (better) mastering), but they do sell 24/96 and 24/192 files)
    Last edited by garym; 2020-06-29 at 05:46.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.3>Squeezelite
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Some free hi-res samples in many formats:
    http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html

Your TEAC supports DSD 64 via DoP. If you want to try it out, install the "DSDPlayer" LMS 3rd party plugin.